HELP!!! - Shaky View Ports on playback in MAX

HELP!!! - Shaky View Ports on playback in MAX

Post by daev » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:15:56

have you done any extensive tweaking to the camera path? maybe rotated some
verts on the path? tried rebuilding the path maybe? I don't think this can
be pinned on the codec, as that *should* simply output what it's given. How
did you construct the path (ie have you added any segments after assigning
the path to the camera)? just throwing out some of the things I'd look at,
maybe one will help.....
g/l

daev

Quote:> Needs some help here guys,

> I am running 3DS MAX 4.26 with the Pentium Enhancement feature on a P3 933
> with 512 MB RAM &  Nvidia GeForce2 MX-400 64MB video card.

> My animation has a complex camera path running in 500 frames at 15 fps.
When
> we playback the animation in any of our view ports, it plays back
> shaky...all view ports except Perspective & Camera are viewed in Wire
frame
> and the others in Smooth & Highlights. For awhile a thought it was the
size
> of the objects and their Materials, so I ran a test in a new scene with
the
> same size objects and complex camera path, tested perfect motion when
played
> back in max but for some reason or another my main scene isn't.

> I am also using the DIVIX Codec to lower the file size on my output render
> to .avi also seems to play shaky....what could I be doing wrong??...can
> anyone suggest a solution to this annoying dilemma?

> Thanks in advance...
> Freak4_3DSmax

HELP!!! - Shaky View Ports on playback in MAX

Post by Leon William » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:36:59

Try Increasing spline Interpolation..............

Leon

> have you done any extensive tweaking to the camera path? maybe rotated
some
> verts on the path? tried rebuilding the path maybe? I don't think this can
> be pinned on the codec, as that *should* simply output what it's given.
How
> did you construct the path (ie have you added any segments after assigning
> the path to the camera)? just throwing out some of the things I'd look at,
> maybe one will help.....
> g/l

> daev

> > Needs some help here guys,

> > I am running 3DS MAX 4.26 with the Pentium Enhancement feature on a P3
933
> > with 512 MB RAM &  Nvidia GeForce2 MX-400 64MB video card.

> > My animation has a complex camera path running in 500 frames at 15 fps.
> When
> > we playback the animation in any of our view ports, it plays back
> > shaky...all view ports except Perspective & Camera are viewed in Wire
> frame
> > and the others in Smooth & Highlights. For awhile a thought it was the
> size
> > of the objects and their Materials, so I ran a test in a new scene with
> the
> > same size objects and complex camera path, tested perfect motion when
> played
> > back in max but for some reason or another my main scene isn't.

> > I am also using the DIVIX Codec to lower the file size on my output
render
> > to .avi also seems to play shaky....what could I be doing wrong??...can
> > anyone suggest a solution to this annoying dilemma?

> > Thanks in advance...
> > Freak4_3DSmax

1. **Max animations (avi's) playback choppy....Help!**

My Max avi animations play back a little jerky.  I'm wondering if I need
more powerful equipment???  The size I use is 800 by 600 with 24bit color
to render, and I don't compress them with any codec (uncompressed).

Hardware:
Dual Pentium Pro 200's
128MB Ram
2GB IDE Hard-drive
Symmetric Glydermax (8megs) Video card
Windows NT 4.0

Thanks in advance,

Lee

2. TShape and Triangles

3. Size of view ports.

4. Interleaf graphic converter

5. How to create more than one view port?

6. (12Sep94) comp.graphics Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

7. Who have VFW32.DLL??

8. View port

9. Two View Ports

10. Multiple View Ports

11. Mapping the Camera Aspect ration to the view port

12. Making shaky clip still