Which programs are best?

Post by Wiro » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Oops, wait a sec there.
You can't actually compare MAX and Rhino as these two packages do way
different stuff. Rhino is an excellent modeller (way better than MAX's->
it's NURBS based and has much better booleans) but has a sucky renderer (it
was made for preview and test renders anyway). You'll need a program to
render your meshes and I guess Raydreams is just fine for that. I know what
you mean about it's modeler though. I have RD4 (it was my first 3D package
in fact) and found it's modeler horrible for complex forms. But it's got a
great material editor and V5 has some nice effects too, so I don't think
you'll need MAX if you're only thinking of doing hobby renderings (non
commercial).
MAX has a great flexibility when it comes to animation and higher leveled
rendering (its material editor is excellent). It's also more complex to use
than RD5. And you'd probably throw away RD5 if you got MAX.
My advice: get Rhino and keep Raydreams for rendering.

Wiro

The Habu Xorph schrieb in Nachricht ...

>Rhino is very good NURBS (and ONLY NURBS) modeler.
>MAX is much more complex and you can do many more things with it.
>See yea

>|***--------------=>][The Habu Xorph][<=-------------***|
>|                    ICQ UIN 6092554
>|                  http://3dstudiomax.virtualave.net

>|***********########--=<+>=--########***********|

1. I am looking for a slicing program to slice very large image files

Does anyone know of a slicing program that can work on large JPEG and TIFF
image files without having to have the file viewable at 100%. The ideal
program would also have the following characteristics:
a) it would have to support multiple files open at the same time so that
images sliced from one picture may be copied into a picture which is shown
on an adjacent window.
b) it would support the saving of image files
in a variety of image formats.
c) it would allow specific shapes to be predefined by stating the pixel
value in heights and width and allow the outline  shape to be moved  over
the reduced size image and the contents of the material contained within the
outline to be cut or copied onto a clipboard or another image.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in Advance

Alan

2. Rendering Studio For a Visiondome HELP

3. i am looking for a program to convert pov-ray 3.1 to 3d studio

4. shortest path with forbidden turns

5. I am looking for vector graphics program

6. VIRTUAL BOUNDING BOX

7. I am looking for a warping program

8. Which App Will Join Short MPG files into a Playable File?

9. I am looking for a program.

10. I am looking for a 3D animation program

11. i am looking for a good grafican

12. How good am I?