HELP with Camera Match/Tracking

Post by Paul Leisch » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking for help with camera matching and motion tracking.
The examples in the help file don't seem to help me much.
They tell you what numbers to type in but don't explain why or where
the numbers came from.

Help... anyone??

Paul.

Post by Steve Gree » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I'm looking for help with camera matching and motion tracking.
> The examples in the help file don't seem to help me much.
> They tell you what numbers to type in but don't explain why or where
> the numbers came from.

> Help... anyone??

> Paul.

The numbers are X, Y and Z positions of the markers in the video clip. So
you need to use markers in your scene and get accurate position information
from that. Then you position helper objects in the positions of the markers
in your scene.

- Steve

HELP with Camera Match/Tracking

Post by Paul Leisch » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>The numbers are X, Y and Z positions of the markers in the video clip. So
>you need to use markers in your scene and get accurate position information
>from that. Then you position helper objects in the positions of the markers
>in your scene.

>- Steve

XYZ relative to what??
I think this is what I am not understanding.

Can you step me through this??

Thanks,
Paul.

HELP with Camera Match/Tracking

Post by Hom » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> XYZ relative to what??
> I think this is what I am not understanding.

> Can you step me through this??

> Thanks,
> Paul.

Ok, on their example they take one point and use that as 0,0,0 in xyz

so....

treat one point in your scene as 0,0,0 and measure the other reference
points relative to that point.

Taking a desk as an example (since it is usually right angled)

If you have the near left corner of your desk as 0,0,0 then the xyz for your
near right corner would be

the distance between the two points,0,0

since the
y and z will be the same (roughly)

the far left corner would be

0, distance from near left, 0

since the x and z
would be the same.

You also need points that are in a different z axis, say the top of the
monitor for example.

Your best bet is to start with easy to measure geometric shapes since it's
easier to get accurate measurements on a smaller scale.

Try sticking boxes on a table and measure away....

Hope this clears it up,

- Steve