hazy light through window

Post by Terje Tjervaa » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Anyone got any tips on making rays of sunlight come through a window, where
you can clearly see each ray of sun.  I'm thinking like a church or
something, with the light cutting through the dusty air making it's way to
the floor.

Also, what's the best way to make a light mounted in the ceiling of a room.
I've made an object with a green glass cone, and I've tried increasing the
self illumination of this material, but it doesn't seem to do any good.
I've put a wide spot inside the object and excluded it from this light's
list, so the lighting of the room itself is not a problem, only making the
object itself seem as if it's got a lightbulb inside or something.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Terje Tjervaag

1. hazy dropshadows and rounded plaques

Okay, for the last 6 months, hazed dropshadows and plaques (often with
rock-like backgrounds) with rounded off edges have become cliche -
and I would like to know which software offers these canned effects.

Whit

2. X vs OpenGL

3. Hazy Outdoor Shots: Tip

4. Scratch disk on a laptop

5. Color palette hazy

6. need help

7. light help wanted-strobing lights/streaming lights??

8. Lights, lights,and not enough light.

9. Light thru a window

10. Looks-like light in Moray for Windows

11. Definition of lights in multi-windows

12. Windows 2000 Lighting Effects Problem