MaxMan (BMRT only version) and BMRT

Post by Gary MacDonal » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has posted a help page, or if there is a
forum somewhere that I can find help for setting up MaxMan in 3DSMax 3.1
so that it will render to the virtual framebuffer. It works fine now,
and produces an .rib file which I can then manually render outside of
Max but I just can't get it set-up to render within Max. I have
installed everything ok and the MaxMan VirtualFrameBuffer .dll is in the
right place but it just doens't work. Am I missing an environment
variable that need to be added to my autoecex.bat file? The path to BMRT
home is set up correctly and it works fine with Rhino and RhinoMan.

Thanks,
Gary MacDonald

MaxMan (BMRT only version) and BMRT

Post by Marc Ki » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Have you made sure that there are no space in the directories? VFB
works fine here w/ maxman.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:42:13 -0300, Gary MacDonald

>Hi All,

>I was just wondering if anyone has posted a help page, or if there is a
>forum somewhere that I can find help for setting up MaxMan in 3DSMax 3.1
>so that it will render to the virtual framebuffer. It works fine now,
>and produces an .rib file which I can then manually render outside of
>Max but I just can't get it set-up to render within Max. I have
>installed everything ok and the MaxMan VirtualFrameBuffer .dll is in the
>right place but it just doens't work. Am I missing an environment
>variable that need to be added to my autoecex.bat file? The path to BMRT
>home is set up correctly and it works fine with Rhino and RhinoMan.

>Thanks,
>Gary MacDonald

1. MaxMan BMRT Only Version available

For all those know who were waiting for it, MaxMan BMRT Only Version is
now available.

MaxMan allows you to render your 3D Studio Max scenes through RenderMan
renderers. The freely available MaxMan BMRT Only Version is restricted
to rendering directly with BMRT (be sure to use the latest BMRT 2.5
builds with MaxMan).

MaxMan BMRT Only version must still be licensed (request a license from
the web site) but these licenses cost you nothing.

http://www.animallogic.com/Products/MaxMan/

--
Andrew Chapman
Animal Logic - R&D Programmer

2. We need a LOGO for our new website! Willing to pay but on a tight, lean budget!

3. instancing with MAXMAN and BMRT

4. How to create a nice looking face? (with 3d studio max 1.2)

5. Please help with MaxMan and BMRT.

6. Resize bitmap & maintain aspect ratio

7. Surface shaders that have displacement using BMRT/MaxMan

8. trouble downloading MaxMan for BMRT

9. Maxman v2.3.1 /BMRT testing time

10. MaxMan users please use BMRT 2.5.0.1

11. Maxman for BMRT free ???

12. MaxMan BMRT only