3ds ASCII export file format

Post by 3DJ Bob » Sun, 12 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Hi !

> i am looking for some information on the ASCII export file format of 3ds.

> Can someone help me !!

> cheers..

:o)ASC is even easier to understand than ASE....
I wrote an ASC importer for MAX 2 using MAXScript some days ago,
and it works quite well (except Camera FOV import).
http://modeling.3dreview.com/bobo/ipas/MAXSCRIPT.HTM

Please email me if you need any specific info.

--
Greetings,

3dj Bobo
__________________________________
VR Boboland
Your 3DS & MAX Information Source
http://modeling.3dreview.com/bobo/
__________________________________

1. Looking for Maya ASCII Export file format

Hi,

I am writing a program that needs to import polygonal data from Maya. Maya
has an ASCII file format (similar to Softimage's text file format) which
exports all the data I need (geometry, perhaps normal information, texture
coordinate mapping, and a reference to a texture file). I have taken a
look at this file and while I do understand where some of it comes from, I
can't figure out a few things. I am looking for some place either on the
Internet or available from a developer or something which explains the
format of this ASCII file so I can add support for it in my program. I
have searched the Alias Wavefront manuals and web site to no avail.

I do not read this newsgroup, so please respond by e-mail. Once I receive
a response, this e-mail address will be deactivated to stop spam.

Thanks in advance,

Elam Birnbaum

pixel Generation

2. Bug in Steamer?

3. .3ds ascii file format specs wanted

4. Multitexturing in OGL 1.1

5. : ASCII gridded-format file -> iv format file

6. distance point / curve

7. Looking for a utility to convert .3ds(ASCII) files to a .3ds(Binary) type

8. Mootools summer promotion: save 25% on Polygon Cruncher and 3D Browser Pro

9. 3DS MAX ASCII-export plugin available!

10. 3ds max ascii scene export.

11. Converting 3D Studio File Formats to ASCII formats

12. importing .ase ascii export files ? especially bones

13. ascii 3ds files