Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by [TWIGGY » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am making a scene and I going to make a some coke any ideas whats the best
way to approatch this "powder thing". I am aming for photo realistic rather
close up and Im not going to animate the "coke" so what i am looking foor
is the best way too make realistic looking "powder".

I was thinking of making a pile and using Parray (dont know yet if it work),
but maybe there is a better way.

If anyone has a tutorial making something simmilar please send URL.

[TWIGGY]

Post by M?rten Br?dj » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I am making a scene and I going to make a some coke any ideas whats the best
> way to approatch this "powder thing". I am aming for photo realistic rather
> close up and Im not going to animate the "coke" so what i am looking foor
> is the best way too make realistic looking "powder".

> I was thinking of making a pile and using Parray (dont know yet if it work),
> but maybe there is a better way.

> If anyone has a tutorial making something simmilar please send URL.

> [TWIGGY]

  Depending on how close you're gonna get you could just model a pile and noise
it up a bit. Then use a "* material" with bumps for the powder. You
should also put tiny crystal shaped * "pieces" close to your pile.
This could look very realistic but i guess you have to get closer still, ruin
the effect.
Exactly how close are you going? Putting you nose in it...?  :-D

/M?rten

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by [TWIGGY » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I want too get wery close... And that is the problem cause I cant get it too
look realistic enough.

[twiggy]

>> I am making a scene and I going to make a some coke any ideas whats the
best
>> way to approatch this "powder thing". I am aming for photo realistic
rather
>> close up and Im not going to animate the "coke" so what i am looking
foor
>> is the best way too make realistic looking "powder".

>> I was thinking of making a pile and using Parray (dont know yet if it
work),
>> but maybe there is a better way.

>> If anyone has a tutorial making something simmilar please send URL.

>> [TWIGGY]

>  Depending on how close you're gonna get you could just model a pile and
noise
>it up a bit. Then use a "* material" with bumps for the powder. You
>should also put tiny crystal shaped * "pieces" close to your pile.
>This could look very realistic but i guess you have to get closer still,
ruin
>the effect.
>Exactly how close are you going? Putting you nose in it...?  :-D

>/M?rten

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by Norman Eng » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Since you are not going to animate this, it will be fairly easy. I
would start with a nurbs sphere and shape it into the basic pile. If
you are showing it being "cut",  add a sphere deform it into a long
skinny ellipsoid. As for texture, you could photograph real * up
close, or use maybe ground chalk , you might could take a razor blade
and cut up a white vitamin pill and photograph that. Personally I
think that cutting up a vitamin or asprin or something will look the
most realistic.
What about opening up a benadryl capsule? Wouldn't have to cut that up
and it would look pretty damn real.

Just a couple of thoughts,
hope it helps.

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:56:29 +0100, "[TWIGGY]"

>I am making a scene and I going to make a some coke any ideas whats the best
>way to approatch this "powder thing". I am aming for photo realistic rather
>close up and Im not going to animate the "coke" so what i am looking foor
>is the best way too make realistic looking "powder".

>I was thinking of making a pile and using Parray (dont know yet if it work),
>but maybe there is a better way.

>If anyone has a tutorial making something simmilar please send URL.

>[TWIGGY]

MAY THE ART SPIRIT BE WITH YOU ......ALWAYS
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by [TWIGGY » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Thanks Ill try this aproach maybe Ill need more help later.

I was actually thinking of cutting a capsule in half.

[TWIGGY]

Norman Engel skrev i meddelandet

>Since you are not going to animate this, it will be fairly easy. I
>would start with a nurbs sphere and shape it into the basic pile. If
>you are showing it being "cut",  add a sphere deform it into a long
>skinny ellipsoid. As for texture, you could photograph real * up
>close, or use maybe ground chalk , you might could take a razor blade
>and cut up a white vitamin pill and photograph that. Personally I
>think that cutting up a vitamin or asprin or something will look the
>most realistic.
>What about opening up a benadryl capsule? Wouldn't have to cut that up
>and it would look pretty damn real.

>Just a couple of thoughts,
>hope it helps.

>On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:56:29 +0100, "[TWIGGY]"

>>I am making a scene and I going to make a some coke any ideas whats the
best
>>way to approatch this "powder thing". I am aming for photo realistic
rather
>>close up and Im not going to animate the "coke" so what i am looking foor
>>is the best way too make realistic looking "powder".

>>I was thinking of making a pile and using Parray (dont know yet if it
work),
>>but maybe there is a better way.

>>If anyone has a tutorial making something simmilar please send URL.

>>[TWIGGY]

>MAY THE ART SPIRIT BE WITH YOU ......ALWAYS
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by Richard van E » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

For best realism: put some on your scanner.........and there you go!

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by Richard Broo » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>For best realism: put some on your scanner.........and there you go!

Make sure that your face and straw stuck up nostril doesn't show up
though!

Richard.

  Extract from Submariner Sams Sing-a-long book to cut out and keep.
"So-yuz ne-ru-shi-mi res-pu-blik svo-bod-nikh Splo-ti-la na-ve-ki
Ve-li-ka-ya Rus......"

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by Smegg » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I can do that

<<#############  there, that's a reefer modeled in Hash :))

--

Smeggy
Better Smeg than dead :]

>Why not model it in Hash?

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by FloatMin » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Why not model it in Hash?

Quote:>For best realism: put some on your scanner.........and there you go!

Help making COCAINE...Need more help

Post by Matthew Clementso » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

ROTFL

Matt :)
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Help making COCAINE...

I am making a scene and I going to make a some coke any ideas whats the best
way to approatch this "powder thing". I am aming for photo realistic rather
close up and Im not going to animate the "coke" so what i am looking foor
is the best way too make realistic looking "powder".

[TWIGGY]

2. meshes of dinosauries

3. NEED HELP, HELP, HELP , HELP

4. Question about Post Script

5. *************Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help************ Hardware lockup

6. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

7. Need help making tga anim. with POV / X

8. need help with making 2D film

9. Artist needs help on making clip art...PC platform

10. Need help making Smoke trail in POVRAY