Best "budget" OpenGL video card

Post by Terry L » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I intend to spend around 2,000 UKPounds on a PPro200 system, loaded to
kill most apps out there; but my target is Max (and maybe Softimage).

I need a good OpenGL or Heidi compatible card but alas I'm on a tight
budget!

Can anyone recommend a decent card below 500 UKPounds (around 650
USDollars).

Thanks...

Terry Lee
SCI UK
Southampton, England.

aka:

http://www.kayless.demon.co.uk

Best "budget" OpenGL video card

Post by bart mceach » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Elsa has a new one coming out that can push 800K polys/sec.
Check out www.elsa.com (new products).  I think it is called the
Elsa Gloria-S.  Best of all it starts at under $500 US.

Anyone else heard this, seen it, used it or know when it's
delivery date is?