3DStudio Viz4

Post by rendere » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:54:02

I got a long question for you. I just got this program and have a problem
inporting my own textures into the material editor. I followed the books and
when I selct the texture and get it into the materials editor something
happens to the image. It looks like it is a picture in the sand? the only
way I can explain it. The image is only shades of gray and looks like a sand
sculpyure. When I apply it to the object and look at it in a better preview
mode, I can make out the image is there, although very pixelated. But then
when I render it out it looks like the materials editor view, and has the
appearance of materials editor. Looks like a sand sculpture. Anybody have an
idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. I have used RaydreamStudio for so long
my brain has turned to toast I guess when it comes to new programs. Thanks

3DStudio Viz4

Post by gruh » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:10:49

You are using the bitmap in the "bump" slot. Try "diffuse".

1. Terrain and roads in VIZ4

Hi

I am working with terrain models (file linking plines from Acad and using
AEC extended). After that i would like to insert roads in the terrain model.

My problem is not to make the road "subtractive", but to create the slopes
on both sides of the road. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Lars Nielsen

2. New idea for a 3D engine

3. Thin wall refraction in VIZ4

4. Translucency

5. Final Render vs VIZ4(MAX5)

6. Announce: DirectAnimation - free animation runtime

7. advanced lighting tuts for max5/viz4

8. Spline-Editor Library

9. Is this a good Viz4 tutorial CD?

10. Need Help: Viz4 Radiosity and Backround Sphere

11. Final Render vs 3d viz4

12. how to get viz4

13. Viz4 lights