QTVR Panoramas

Post by Richard Brigg » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a decent plugin that can generate QTVR panorama files
for MAX 3.x?

We have already tried the panorama.zip plugin by hab, but its pretty crude -
unless others can show me decent panoramic scenes.

I know that Ray Max also has the capability of creating QTVR scenes, but
haven't seen or heard about the results.

Can anyone offer any help? past experience?

Cheers,
Richard Briggs

QTVR Panoramas

Quote:> Hi all,

Take a look at www.smoothmove.com
A new product is (to be) released, I-move.

Hamish

Quote:> Cheers,
> Richard Briggs

QTVR Panoramas

Post by Richard Brigg » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hamish, thanks for the quick reply.

Im actually downloading the demo version of the iMove plugin now.   BUT, i
really need to create QTVR's.

The reason we need QTVR's is that the movies will be used within Macromedia
Director.  The iMove spherical movies can not be controlled from within
Director, the ActiveX control doesnt support things like, swing, tilt and
zoom.   With QTVR's we can have full control from within Lingo.

Im hoping that the iMove will actually create real QTVR files aswell, time
will tell.  12mb download, here i come.

Any more ideas anyone?

Rich

Quote:>> Can anyone offer any help? past experience?

>Take a look at www.smoothmove.com
>A new product is (to be) released, I-move.

>Hamish

QTVR Panoramas

Post by rocks ru » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You could try photovista program.
http://shareware.netscape.com/computing/shareware/software_title.tmpl...

http://www.livepicture.com/
It will stitch together a bunch of stills and create a panoramic still.
I don't know if this is what QTVR is looking for, but hey its an idea.
rocks

> Hi all,

> Does anyone know of a decent plugin that can generate QTVR panorama files
> for MAX 3.x?

> We have already tried the panorama.zip plugin by hab, but its pretty crude -
> unless others can show me decent panoramic scenes.

> I know that Ray Max also has the capability of creating QTVR scenes, but
> haven't seen or heard about the results.

> Can anyone offer any help? past experience?

> Cheers,
> Richard Briggs

QTVR Panoramas

Post by Nitro Nate Gillet » Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:00:00

What types of scripting are you using in Lingo?  I'm just learning director and
this would go great with a project I am working on.

Nate Gillette