Simple thing, but can't remember it!!!

Post by Hrvoj » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:51:52

    I know I removed that before but I can't remember how. When I create
simple box it has a diagonal line across it. How to get rid of it?

Simple thing, but can't remember it!!!

Post by Arkla » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:48:20

from an editable mesh modifier, go to sub object mode, slecing edge as the
sub object. select the line, which is really an edg,e then scroll way down
to the bottom of the rollout... and click the button that says invisible.

--
Arklan

"The Cutting Edge is nothing. Give me the Unexplored Void that is ultimate
knowledge." - Arklan
3D Gallery: http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showcase_page.php?userid=28815

Quote:>     I know I removed that before but I can't remember how. When I create

Post by Hrvoj » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:15:39

> from an editable mesh modifier, go to sub object mode, slecing edge as the
> sub object. select the line, which is really an edg,e then scroll way down
> to the bottom of the rollout... and click the button that says invisible.

> --
> Arklan

> "The Cutting Edge is nothing. Give me the Unexplored Void that is ultimate
> knowledge." - Arklan
> 3D Gallery: http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showcase_page.php?userid=28815

> >     I know I removed that before but I can't remember how. When I create
> > simple box it has a diagonal line across it. How to get rid of it?

I think you didn't understand me. When you create a box (normal 3d box
object) you should see just it's edges, I didn't convert it to editable mesh
or something. It was normal before, but then I think after I loaded some
example that someone else did, now my boxes have diagonal lines too. It's
like everything is made out of triangles instead of "quads".

Simple thing, but can't remember it!!!

Post by Adrian Mye » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:32:18

That's controlled by your display drivers inside MAX, as a feature
called "triangle strips".  Turning them on actually accelerates oGL
displays but clutters the viewport enormously.  To turn them off go to
Cutomize > Preferences > Viewports > Configure Driver and then look
around for a checkbox.

-abm

Post by Hrvoj » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:36:13

> That's controlled by your display drivers inside MAX, as a feature
> called "triangle strips".  Turning them on actually accelerates oGL
> displays but clutters the viewport enormously.  To turn them off go to
> Cutomize > Preferences > Viewports > Configure Driver and then look
> around for a checkbox.

> -abm

Quote:> > I know I removed that before but I can't remember how. When I create
> > simple box it has a diagonal line across it. How to get rid of it?

Yees, thanks you guys...that was so annoying.

Simple thing, but can't remember it!!!

Post by Arkla » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 06:42:18

well, thats becuase technicaslly, everything is made of triangles not
quads.a quad is simple to triangles with the middle edge hidden... my
solution should work, although i'm not sure why your getting them all
showing instead of the default... must be an option somewhere. not sure
though.

--
Arklan

"The Cutting Edge is nothing. Give me the Unexplored Void that is ultimate
knowledge." - Arklan
3D Gallery: http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showcase_page.php?userid=28815

> > from an editable mesh modifier, go to sub object mode, slecing edge as
the
> > sub object. select the line, which is really an edg,e then scroll way
down
> > to the bottom of the rollout... and click the button that says
invisible.

> > --
> > Arklan

> > "The Cutting Edge is nothing. Give me the Unexplored Void that is
ultimate
> > knowledge." - Arklan
> > 3D Gallery: http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showcase_page.php?userid=28815

> > >     I know I removed that before but I can't remember how. When I
create
> > > simple box it has a diagonal line across it. How to get rid of it?

> I think you didn't understand me. When you create a box (normal 3d box
> object) you should see just it's edges, I didn't convert it to editable
mesh
> or something. It was normal before, but then I think after I loaded some
> example that someone else did, now my boxes have diagonal lines too. It's
> like everything is made out of triangles instead of "quads".

Simple thing, but can't remember it!!!

Post by Arkla » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 06:42:46

ohhhhhhhhh..... oops.

--
Arklan

"The Cutting Edge is nothing. Give me the Unexplored Void that is ultimate
knowledge." - Arklan
3D Gallery: http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showcase_page.php?userid=28815

> > That's controlled by your display drivers inside MAX, as a feature
> > called "triangle strips".  Turning them on actually accelerates oGL
> > displays but clutters the viewport enormously.  To turn them off go to
> > Cutomize > Preferences > Viewports > Configure Driver and then look
> > around for a checkbox.

> > -abm

> > > I know I removed that before but I can't remember how. When I create
> > > simple box it has a diagonal line across it. How to get rid of it?

> Yees, thanks you guys...that was so annoying.

1. Need help w/ simple simple 2D thing

Hey, everyone. I have a problem which, after reading the FAQ, I'm
certain is a very simple problem.

I have a 2d array of integer values, say from 0-9, each of which
represents a different color. I would like to display this array
in 2d, like a political map where each color represented a country.

Anyway, I know I could do the really wasteful procedure:

        loop through i {
                loop through j {
                        draw a little box of color (array[i][j]);
                        }
                }

but this seems.. stupid. Is there some way to describe the map instead
as a collection of sets of line segments such that each of these sets
can be passed, say, to postscript's "fill" operator?

Can anyone out there help? Thanks...

"A spokesman for the Lyon Group, producers of _Barney and Friends_, denied
that Barney is an instrument of Satan."        --the Advocate, spring 1994

                   Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

2. printer.pagewidth is wrong

3. Remember old 'JOURNAL CHEST'????

4. Latest Versions of Yost Group IPAS routines

5. Remember Franklin's polygon clipping code?

6. rendering multiple files???

7. PSP7: Browse doesn't remember sort order

8. SRGP/SPHIGS for Mac THINK C 5.0

9. PSP Tip: Remembering Fonts You've Used

10. HELP, found DPaint (ProMotion), can't remember trick