best graphic cards for 3d visualization

Post by suni » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:04:40

Hi!,

Which is the best graphics card for 3D scientific visualization?
(medical imaging, fluid mechanics, etc..). Can cards used for computer
games also be used for this purpose.

Why is compaq diamond fire GL which has a memory of 32MB only, more
expensive than ati radeon 9800 pro 128MB card.

Please reply

sunny

best graphic cards for 3d visualization

Post by MDS » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:01:58

* cards have limeted opengl support. the 9800 (which i have) will run
most opengl apps fine. the problem is once you have more than a few opengl
windows open, they start to slow down. with a real opengl card like the
firegl or the nvidia quadro4 or quadroFX cards you can run alot more opengl
windows and never loose performance.

i would recommend a quadrofx card. the 9800 works but not perfectly.

hope this helps

Matt

best graphic cards for 3d visualization

Post by Nick » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:48:04

Quadro4 980 XGL is a great card - I'm very happy with it!

Quote:> * cards have limeted opengl support. the 9800 (which i have) will run
> most opengl apps fine. the problem is once you have more than a few opengl
> windows open, they start to slow down. with a real opengl card like the
> firegl or the nvidia quadro4 or quadroFX cards you can run alot more
opengl
> windows and never loose performance.

> i would recommend a quadrofx card. the 9800 works but not perfectly.

> hope this helps

> Matt

1. best graphics card for 3d visualization

Hi!,

Which is the best graphics card for 3D scientific visualization?
(medical imaging, fluid mechanics, etc..). Can cards used for computer
games also be used for this purpose.

Why is compaq diamond fire GL which has a memory of 32MB only, more
expensive than ati radeon 9800 pro 128MB card.

Please reply

sunny

2. promo website digi art

3. What 3D graphics card is better?

4. Digital Producer News: Dec 11th

5. Looking for a good 3D Graphics Card

6. How can i create a good MIRROR?

7. Which is the best graphics card for 3d?

8. Best 3d graphics card?

9. good 3D graphics card

10. better processor or a better graphics card?

11. Better Monitor vs Better Graphic Card?

12. 3D Programming books (formerly Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books)