Ink & Paint Material Anti-Alias

Post by Jeff Adam » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 05:25:08

I just started playing around witht he ink & paint material to see what I
could come up with.  My biggest problem is anti-aliasing the ink.  It either
looks blocky or too blurry.  Anyone have experience with it and could give
me some suggestions?

Jeff

Ink & Paint Material Anti-Alias

Post by pixel » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:13:17

Quote:> I just started playing around witht he ink & paint material to see what I
> could come up with.  My biggest problem is anti-aliasing the ink.  It
either
> looks blocky or too blurry.  Anyone have experience with it and could give
> me some suggestions?

> Jeff

I got some good results from messing with the various anti-aliasing methods.
Catmull was particularly good, that and others let you vary the
softness/sharpness of the lines.

1. 3dsMax 5: Ink & Paint Material Rendering Arttefact

While Rendering an object with an Ink & Paint material applied, some
faces show up a solid black, even with Paint turned off. If I turn off
"smoothing group" lines in the Ink section of the material dialog they
don't, but then I'm left with only outlines!

Have messed with overlap bias, line widths, etc, to no avail.

2. Thanks

3. DIGITAL INK&PAINT STUDIO!

4. multiple plots on same page

5. animation ink&paint plug-in(?)

6. Plugin Menus

7. WTB: ink & paint PC based software

8. Motion Cature

9. WTB: Ink & Paint software

10. Recommend Ink&Paint Software?

11. Creating a digital ink & paint newsgroup

12. Optimal B&W-Bitmap-Viewing / Anti-Alias

13. 7.04 & anti-alias question