Student price, and other stuff

Post by Master of Puppe » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 15:55:36

I'm a student who just happens to be very interested in 3ds.  I've been
working with an old student copy of version 2.5? that I got from a friend
who ended up buying the full release 4... I've come a long way since I
started, and am getting to be decent at modeling and simple animation...
but I'm trying to get into heirarchical animation and more complex
modeling... and especially for the animation stuff I really want to get
ahold of version 4.  So.... I have 2 questions.  First, what are the
statistics on the student version 4 (price, limitations, etc.); second,
are there any good courses in 3ds I can take in the Los Angeles area over
the summer?  Thank you much.

--
   []      M  A  S  T  E  R    O  F    P  U  P  P  E  T  S    /------------\
 [[[]]] +---------------------------------------------------+ |  mpuppets  |

Student price, and other stuff

Post by a.fernand » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 13:53:37

Quote:>I'm a student who just happens to be very interested in 3ds.  I've been
>working with an old student copy of version 2.5? that I got from a friend
>who ended up buying the full release 4... I've come a long way since I
>started, and am getting to be decent at modeling and simple animation...
>but I'm trying to get into heirarchical animation and more complex
>modeling... and especially for the animation stuff I really want to get
>ahold of version 4.  So.... I have 2 questions.  First, what are the
>statistics on the student version 4 (price, limitations, etc.); second,
>are there any good courses in 3ds I can take in the Los Angeles area over
>the summer?  Thank you much.

>--
>   []      M  A  S  T  E  R    O  F    P  U  P  P  E  T  S    /------------\
> [[[]]] +---------------------------------------------------+ |  mpuppets  |
>   []   | "Maybe just once, I'll get what's coming to me."  | |     at     |
>   []   |                                     -Trent Reznor | | netcom.com |
>   []   +---------------------------------------------------+ \------------/

As far as the price goes, Journey Education Marketing has a good
deal on the student package. They offer the following:

Autodesk 3D Studio 4.0 + Autodesk Animator Pro + Liquid Speed (??)

all this for $798. Their number is 1-800-874-9001. They have a
form for the student to fill out for proof of matriculation.

Just thought I'd pass this along. I myself will hold out for LW 3D 4.0
for Windows in a couple of weeks.

Alex

1. Form Z student price

Does anyone know where to get a good student price on Form Z - the best
price I can find is $950.00 directly from the Form Z folks.

- Robert Shanks

 \ The above does not represent OIT, UNC-CH, laUNChpad, or its other users. /

2. question

3. SoftImage NT student price?

4. Mac.Illustrator.plugin

5. 3D STUDIO student prices?

6. Printing Bitmaps with TPrinter

7. 3D Studio graduate student priced: how is it?

8. TIFF 6.0 Lib ported to C++ Builder ??

9. Student Pricing

10. PS4 update vs Student priced version?!

11. Student pricing for Lightscape?

12. Another question on student pricing