How can I change the path of the swap file

How can I change the path of the swap file

Post by Play » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

        Can  a kind person tell me how can I change the path of the swap file
in 3D Studio 4 .
        the problem is I use to have drive d: but after I compress d: then d:
only got 2mb in there. and a new drive come up call i:  . So I need to
change the swap file to c: thats another drive I have.
        I know there is a file call cfig.bat to do that. and I use the commend
cfig c:\temp   .    All it do is only keep adding the c:\temp  in the
config .  But the error still there.

thats what in my configaration

        Cfig 386:4.1
Phar  Lap program type: 386 | dos Extender Redistribution Version 5.1

Configured Switch values:

-vdisk
-minreal 4096
-nur
-intmap 8
-vscan 16000
-swapdir d:\temp
-swapdir d:\temp
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir c:\temp
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir d:\temp
-swapdir
-swapdir c:\temp
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir
-swapdir c:\temp

And when I run 3ds4   , an error message come up

Fatal error : missing value to command switch "-swapdir"

How to fix it   , Please help

HELP

1. How can I change the path of the swap file

At this point, you need to manualy clear and edit all the phar lap
values. Go into the 3DS directory and type "cfig386 3ds.exe -clear"
and then type in the variables that should be there, in this format:
"cfig386 3ds.exe -variable value". For example:

 -
cfig386 3ds.exe -vdisk
cfig386 3ds.exe -minreal 4096
cfig386 3ds.exe -nur
cfig386 3ds.exe -intmap 8
cfig386 3ds.exe -swapdir c:

etc...

-Brian

**********************************
Brian Rudolph
Autodesk Product Support - Multimedia

**********************************

2. Rendering times in POV

3. TBitmaps & System Page file (Swap file)

4. LW anim to video

5. Changing search paths in Moray

6. Film Grain

7. Dynamic changes to IMPACT video paths

8. Adobe Pagemill

9. change color of clipping path?

10. changing path of the maps

11. Camera Changes and Path Problems