3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 for Pentium under Win 95

3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 for Pentium under Win 95

Post by Wesley A. Santo » Sun, 12 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello all,

    Will 3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 will work in Pentium 133, 16Mb ram under Win
95
without any problems since these two softwares are optimised under Win NT?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wesley Santos

3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 for Pentium under Win 95

Post by Ilias Paterimos Bergstro » Mon, 13 Oct 1997 04:00:00

 You should not have that much of a problem...
Both run on your plattform, but...(:))
For complex scenes your computer is not good enough...
You should have a bit more RAM (at least 32 megz...) if you wanna do more
than just learn how to work with the progz...

Post by Juste » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Hello all,

> Will 3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 will work in Pentium 133, 16Mb ram under Win 95
> without any problems since these two softwares are optimised under Win
NT?
> Any help will be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Wesley Santos

I had running MAX 1.2 on P100/16/Win95OSR2. All was fine, but slow.
This configuration is for hobby, not for serious work with MAX.

3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 for Pentium under Win 95

Post by Michael R Wardma » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I'd say that you need to seriously think about upgrading.  I tried running
3D studio max on a p200 with 96 megs ram and it was just too slow (these
were very simple renders and brief animations)...I am upping to a dual ppro
200 machine with 128 megs ram.  I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND switching to NT
Workstation.  The speed increase is worth it.

> [...]

were very simple renders and brief animations)...I am upping to a dual ppro
200 machine with 128 megs ram.  I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND switching to NT
Workstation.  The speed increase is worth it.

> You should not have that much of a problem...
>Both run on your plattform, but...(:))
>For complex scenes your computer is not good enough...
>You should have a bit more RAM (at least 32 megz...) if you wanna do more
>than just learn how to work with the progz...

>>Hello all,

>>    Will 3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 will work in Pentium 133, 16Mb ram under Win
>>95
>>without any problems since these two softwares are optimised under Win NT?
>>Any help will be appreciated.

>>Thanks,
>>Wesley Santos

3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 for Pentium under Win 95

Post by Mikko Ketone » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>     Will 3dSMax or 3dSMax r2 will work in Pentium 133, 16Mb ram under Win
> 95
> without any problems since these two softwares are optimised under Win
NT?
> Any help will be appreciated.

They work fine ,but slowly.
Mikko

1. 3DSMAX 1.2 Locks up in Win 95

When I run 3DSMAX v1.2 in Windows 95 it locks up at the begining
without letting me do anything, I safe booted and it let me work, but
I couldn't render anything, it did a bad DLL call when I did, does
anybody have any Ideas?

"Highlander"
Matt Bonig

                  visit the CAGE at :
http://www.concentric.net/~bonig/index.html

2. Underpaint?

3. LW 4.0 Final under Win 95 [was: A test: Win 95 vs Win 3.1]

4. Emulating WinXP type GUI in delphi 6 project

5. 3dsmax 1.1 on W'95 or nt 4.0

6. second-order B-spline: Huh?

7. 3DSMAX R2 & Windows 2000

8. WTB: Adobe Persuasion 3.0 or 4.0 (Mac)

9. 3DSMAX R2.5 - Simple Prob!!!

10. Animating anything in 3dsMAX R2.5

11. 3dsMAX R2.5 tutorials.....

12. can 3dsmax r2 render out to mpeg format

13. 3DSMax R2 crashes when loading...