ATTN: Game developers, re-sellers

Post by Victor Rac » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi guys,

Here at the studio, we just came up with a game idea. We got programmers,
animators, so it should be fine. BUT... We never made ANY game yet. How
would you start it? How would you make your research? How can we sell it?
Can we sell with a working demo or we have to show the final product? Maybe
I`m asking "industry secret", but I think this list is for us and for help
each other.

Thank you

Vic
--

Victor Racz
Digital Artist

ATTN: Game developers, re-sellers

Post by Hajo » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Game Developer's Marketplace
by Ben Sawyer, Alex Dunne, Tor Berg

Is the book you need. I can also recommend that you use an existing engine
for a demo. get something out the door! Also realize that game programming
is a hit driven business. (almost 5000 titles hit retail last year; 90% of
revenues came from Top5% of games...)

Hajo

>Hi guys,

>Here at the studio, we just came up with a game idea. We got programmers,
>animators, so it should be fine. BUT... We never made ANY game yet. How
>would you start it? How would you make your research? How can we sell it?
>Can we sell with a working demo or we have to show the final product? Maybe
>I`m asking "industry secret", but I think this list is for us and for help
>each other.

>Thank you

>Vic
>--

>Victor Racz
>Digital Artist
>Orbit Technology Corporation
>www.otc.net

ATTN: Game developers, re-sellers

Post by kaij » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Here at the studio, we just came up with a game idea. We got programmers,
> animators, so it should be fine. BUT... We never made ANY game yet. How
> would you start it? How would you make your research? How can we sell it?
> Can we sell with a working demo or we have to show the final product?
Maybe
> I`m asking "industry secret", but I think this list is for us and for help
> each other.

Visit Gamasutra.com. They have a lot of very useful information, both
technical and business.

--kaiju

1. ATTN: Game developers, re-sellers

Hi guys,

Here at the studio, we just came up with a game idea. We got programmers,
animators, so it should be fine. BUT... We never made ANY game yet. How
would you start it? How would you make your research? How can we sell it?
Can we sell with a working demo or we have to show the final product? Maybe
I`m asking "industry secret", but I think this list is for us and for help
each other.

Thank you

Vic
--

Victor Racz
Digital Artist
Orbit Technology Corporation
www.otc.net

2. Compiling plugins with GCC

3. GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES

4. using dmconvert

5. Attn: Game company employee's I neeed your help =)

6. SAAB and Babylon 5: What do you render to?

7. ATTN: NEWTEK - Game SDK??

8. Attn: Game Programming Site!

9. ATTN: web, graphc, multimedia, game, & 3D designers and content developers

10. Looking for game developers

11. opportunity for game developer$

12. Job opportunities for Software Game Developers