Flickering Candle light

Post by dCyph » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Anybody have any suggestions for creating a 'flickering' candle or
torchlight?  Something in the order of a flickering spotlight that
radiates in all directions....I need to cast shadows too.  I tried
Overshooting a spotlight, but didn't like the effects....

Thanx

Flickering Candle light

Post by rick ka » Sun, 05 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Anybody have any suggestions for creating a 'flickering' candle or
> torchlight?  Something in the order of a flickering spotlight that
> radiates in all directions....I need to cast shadows too.  I tried
> Overshooting a spotlight, but didn't like the effects....

> Thanx

Flickering Candle light

Post by Mike » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Flicker:
use the combustion plug-in. (www.ktx.com)
Create two hemispheres and flip one. This will create an inner and
outer flame. Make one hemisphere (the inner and flipped one) smaller
as it's the 'core' flame. Set the seed count to different values for
both hemispheres (creating an undulating flame)
Adjust lighting to add to the effect.

This is a real simple way around the prob. Hope it helps!