Help needed w/ Vapor.AXP

Post by T » Tue, 31 Oct 1995 04:00:00

     I'm having problmes rendering fog and clouds with Vapor.axp for
the Yost Group Disk #4. I think I'm setting everything correct, but
when I render the scene with the effect,  instead of a cloud or fog I
get a big grey area that blocks out most of my scene. Hmmm... I'm
stumped! I've tried almost everything. The sample meshes work fine
also. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. -Ty

Help needed w/ Vapor.AXP

Post by Heinz Schulle » Thu, 02 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>     I'm having problmes rendering fog and clouds with Vapor.axp for
>the Yost Group Disk #4. I think I'm setting everything correct, but
>when I render the scene with the effect,  instead of a cloud or fog I
>get a big grey area that blocks out most of my scene. Hmmm... I'm
>stumped! I've tried almost everything. The sample meshes work fine
>also. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. -Ty

Sounds like you didn't apply the vapor materials before rendering.
Check the DOCS for more info on this. BTW I think you mean disk #6.

Cheers,

-Heinz.

*** fly by nite studios - http://www.mcs.net/~heinz ***

Help needed w/ Vapor.AXP

Post by trin.. » Thu, 02 Nov 1995 04:00:00

:      I'm having problmes rendering fog and clouds with Vapor.axp for
: the Yost Group Disk #4. I think I'm setting everything correct, but
: when I render the scene with the effect,  instead of a cloud or fog I
: get a big grey area that blocks out most of my scene. Hmmm... I'm
: stumped! I've tried almost everything. The sample meshes work fine
: also. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. -Ty

Use a solid white material to render the scene, and see what geometry the
AXP is creating. You may be getting too many particles, or too large
particles. You can decrease the opacity of the applied material also, of
course, but if you are rendering a zillion layers of transparency (as you
will be with lots of particles that are in front of each other) it will
be a sloooow render.

Jim

Jim Lammers, co-author of "3D Studio for Beginners" from New Riders
Publishing. $40 for 500 pages with CD-ROM. Order from NRP at 800-653-6156.

1. VAPOR.AXP,FLAME.AXP and Motph..

hi there..

I just got a copy of yost #6 and try to apply vapor effect on my
animation..

It works greate till try to morph the object..

It makes strange error stucked ... I caoudn`t find any solution on manual..

Is there anyone can solve this problem here ?..

Please let me know If anyone know about it...

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

                            Thanks ..

2. cloth tips with nurbs

3. flames + vapor.axp and 3d studio r3

4. .3ds

5. 3DS BBS's in London/UK for flame/vapor axp's

6. Texture mapping paper

7. Flame +/or Vapor 1.0 AXP secondary motion dat

8. Flame +/or Vapor 1.0 AXP secondary motion data error + decal mapping

9. Vapor Question Help Needed

10. Help needed loading AXP.

11. HELP for 3ds4 explode AXP

12. Help with FLAME_I.AXP