3ds4 and 3D graphics accelerators

Post by Miroslav Lopat » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi !

Can anybody suggest me a low-end 3D graphics accelerator that I will be able to use
with my 3DS4.

Thanx

  Miro

Post by hvida » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>  Can anybody suggest me a low-end 3D graphics accelerator that I will be able to use
>  with my 3DS4.

So far, I have not seen any support for use of 3D hardware from within 3ds4. Not even in the gouraud shaded viewer IPAS I have seen floating around. However, note that
the next version of 3ds will be under NT and WILL support 3d hardware (that is my understanding so far). In this case, the Matrox Millenium is a good investment (w 4 Meg) at
about $400.

For what it's worth....