Animated Glow

Post by Patrick Alan » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Basically what i need to do is show an engine powering up. I have the
end result looking exactly as I want it to but i can't seem to figure
out how to animate the glow effect so that it goes from 0 to the end
result. I guess I could just morph between the beginning and end but I
would prefer not to if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
--
Patrick Aland, Web Programming
Digital Information Systems

Animated Glow

Post by Rob Brow » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Basically what i need to do is show an engine powering up. I have the
> end result looking exactly as I want it to but i can't seem to figure
> out how to animate the glow effect so that it goes from 0 to the end
> result. I guess I could just morph between the beginning and end but I
> would prefer not to if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

have you tried using the video post?

Animated Glow

Post by Patrick Alan » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

As far as I know the only way to get a glow effect in 3dsmax is through
the video post so to answer your question, yes I have used the video
post the problem is that the plugin says in its name one frame only. so
unless I go frame by frame and change the value of the glow it won't
work. Thanks for trying though.
--

Post by g.sandifor » Sat, 02 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> As far as I know the only way to get a glow effect in 3dsmax is through
> the video post so to answer your question, yes I have used the video
> post the problem is that the plugin says in its name one frame only. so
> unless I go frame by frame and change the value of the glow it won't
> work. Thanks for trying though.
> --
> Patrick Aland, Web Programming
> Digital Information Systems
> "Bringing Global Communications Down to Earth"

You need a free plug-in called SuperGlow. As I understand it Max cannot
animate glows without, even with VP.

Graeme