Post by Inui » Fri, 04 May 2001 07:00:46

hey

I am trying to load my 3ds max 4 files in my old max 3 but when i go to open
them it does nothing and just stays on the file i was working on before
how do i do this?? surely they are the same file type almost.. i cant find
an export option and i dont want to use .3ds files as they are sucky

thanks,Alistair

Post by cad3 » Fri, 04 May 2001 07:09:02

Nope, doesn't work. The files that you create in a newer version are not
backward compatible with the older versions.

cad3d

Quote:> hey

> I am trying to load my 3ds max 4 files in my old max 3 but when i go to
open
> them it does nothing and just stays on the file i was working on before
> how do i do this?? surely they are the same file type almost.. i cant find
> an export option and i dont want to use .3ds files as they are sucky

> thanks,Alistair

Post by daev » Fri, 04 May 2001 12:46:45

looks like you're stuck with sucky files, man.....

daev

Quote:> hey

> I am trying to load my 3ds max 4 files in my old max 3 but when i go to
open
> them it does nothing and just stays on the file i was working on before
> how do i do this?? surely they are the same file type almost.. i cant find
> an export option and i dont want to use .3ds files as they are sucky

> thanks,Alistair

Post by Si Pap » Sun, 20 May 2001 00:39:17

Well that is'nt entirely true. If you use the 'sucky' .3ds export method you
can still use the scene in any previous versions of max. Provided that you
collapse the stack and don't have IK controllers etc.