Materials

Post by John Harve » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

See posting -- Material MLI's for download -- 20 January 1999 23:47..

Quote:>I need a good sorce of materials / maps for use 3dstudio max any ideas?????

>Cheers
>Alan

1. POV materials vs. OpenGL materials

Hello,

I want to ble able to export scenes from my program to POVRay. The program
uses OpenGL to draw and here is my question:
From reading of the documentation it seems to me that the material
properties in POVRay can be described as a solid color (pigment) and
coefficients in the finish section that describe relative values of ambient,
diffuse and specular. We also have phong that corresponds to the shininess
(specular exponent of the material). Is that correct?

If yes, then how do we handle a situation if a description of material
includes different *colors* for different compoenets? Say green diffuse and
red specular.
What about the emission component?

Radek

2. Updating graph in "real time"

3. adding extra materials into the material slot ...?

4. To Mike D Sutton

5. Multi/Sub Material - same sub for 20 materials

6. Win32 lib available for setting up fullscreen OpenGL for all cards.

7. Solid Material -> Wire Material (Morphing)

8. Trading MAX training materials for LW training materials....

9. matte material and blend material

10. Material properties :: Ambient, Diffuse, Specular, Emission colors and Shininess values for a set of material (gold, bronze, glass, plastic ...)

11. S: Material zu (alternativen) Grafischen Benutzeroberfl?chen / Looking for material for alternative graphical user-interfaces !!Sorry for the crosspost!!

12. Material properties :: Ambient, Diffuse, Specular, Emission colors and Shininess values for a set of material (gold, bronze, glass, plastic ...)