Applying Extrude to 3D text removes Bevels

Applying Extrude to 3D text removes Bevels

Post by kevi » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:15:08

Once I apply extrude so that the text has more depth - the bevels that
I created dissapear and I cannot get them back unless I remove the
Extrude modifier.

Is there a workaround?

Applying Extrude to 3D text removes Bevels

Post by Blushoe » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:54:35

extrude first, then select the faces to bevel.

> Once I apply extrude so that the text has more depth - the bevels that
> I created dissapear and I cannot get them back unless I remove the
> Extrude modifier.

> Is there a workaround?

1. Text extrude/bevel problem in Maya

Hi all,
           I created a text that was just a series of curves. I had to use
Surfaces -> planar to convert to surface. Now the curve is separate from the
surface and i will only extrude/bevel the curve and not the surface. All I
want is to
create a text logo, bevel it and animate. Please help.

Robbie

2. Updated Site

3. rail bevel or rail extrude plugin

4. Java 3d Metamorphosis

5. problem with polygons and extrude, bevel tool

6. xgone, background image

7. bevel & extrude caps in Maya

8. batch mode script fu

9. 3D Text and beveling effects

10. Bevel on face of 3D Text

11. Want to do 3D text with beveled edges like Open Inventor

12. Want to do 3D text with beveled edges, also emboss and engrave effect

13. Q: 3D Text and beveling effects