4bit (16 colours) textures in Max

Post by Terry L » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

Because I'm developing models for the Playstation, I need to use 4bit
textures for my meshes (damn programmers will say anything to tick us
off :-)  ), but for some reason they don't preview or render!

When I try 32 colours it's fine; can someone help?

I'm having to use V4 at the moment becuase of this set back.

Terry Lee
SCI UK
Southampton, England.

AKA:

http://www.kayless.demon.co.uk
IRC:DrBanner

"Oftimes, within us all, there dwells a Raging FURY!"

1. Quantization to 16 or 64 colours ?

HI !
        I am working on a  quantization algorithm for about 6 months. and
        now I am at the stage when I have to compare what I have done to
        what was done before ...
        My question is:
                " Is there a need to quantize to less than 256 colors ? "
                Please, let me know what application require less than
                256 color palette .
                It was clear before, when we had VGA with only 16 colours
        in high resolution modes. Now it seems like that the technology is
        rather cheap and most video cards support 256 colors in 1024x768 mode.

        Thanks in advance.
Oleg

2. To test whether a point is in the 3D polygon.

3. TIFF file size change from 256 to 16 colours

4. Motion Designer translation???

5. Icons at more than 16 colours in D5?

6. Getting chessboard pattern only by using materials without texture maps ??

7. colours - colours - colours

8. Creating Transparency

9. Okay, I can dither in 2 colours, but 16 colours? How?

10. 16 Bit Textures/fog in performer?

11. Displaying 16-bit / pixel textures

12. 16-bit Textures Look Ups ?

13. * NYC 3D Studio Max Users Group Meeting - 7/16 *