how to change some keyframes of 1000 reference objects at once ?

how to change some keyframes of 1000 reference objects at once ?

Post by Stefan Kolle » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:22:32

Hello,
I built a sphere, which moves around on a circle-path. After that a made
1000 reference copies of that path and the sphere.
As planed all these references where moving like the "master"-object.
The problem I have now is, that I have to change the speed of the movement
of the sphere during the animation. That means that I have to replace some
keyframes of the "master"-sphere. Unfortunatelly the keyframes in all
reference objects are not changed when I change the keyframes in the
master-object. :-(
Is there a way to change the keyframes of all these objects at once ?
Thanks a lot for any help.
cheers
Stefan

how to change some keyframes of 1000 reference objects at once ?

Post by vange » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:54:00

go to frame 0
select your reference objects and kill all keyframes in the MAX-time-line
now link your reference objects to the first object (select them, press the
link button and drag on the master)

Quote:> Hello,
> I built a sphere, which moves around on a circle-path. After that a made
> 1000 reference copies of that path and the sphere.
> As planed all these references where moving like the "master"-object.
> The problem I have now is, that I have to change the speed of the movement
> of the sphere during the animation. That means that I have to replace some
> keyframes of the "master"-sphere. Unfortunatelly the keyframes in all
> reference objects are not changed when I change the keyframes in the
> master-object. :-(
> Is there a way to change the keyframes of all these objects at once ?
> Thanks a lot for any help.
> cheers
> Stefan

how to change some keyframes of 1000 reference objects at once ?

Post by Stefan Kolle » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:34:24

Thanks a lot for help !
cheers
Stefan