.max file in C++ application

Post by kins » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:10:54

hello,
i'd like to display informations about .max files in a C++
application, such as the objects composing a scene. with one
constraint: i don't want to use a 3dsmax plugin but to make a
standalone routine that parse the file and extracts the objects.

any ideas? thanks.

--
all apologizes for my pathetical english.

.max file in C++ application

Post by stefke » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:54:49

Better focus on another fileformat.

The only software that can read max-files is max itself...

(Polytrans can, but it needs Max)
(3DExploration can, but not the full format)

You need the plugins installed by the person who wrote the file, to be able
to read and interpret it!

.max is not a real format, it's more like a script which executes & sets all
plugin-parameters.

stefkeB

Quote:> hello,
> i'd like to display informations about .max files in a C++
> application, such as the objects composing a scene. with one
> constraint: i don't want to use a 3dsmax plugin but to make a
> standalone routine that parse the file and extracts the objects.

> any ideas? thanks.

> --
> all apologizes for my pathetical english.

.max file in C++ application

Post by kins » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:29:24

thank you for your answer.

 --
all apologizes for my pathetical english.