Chrome Help

Post by rendere » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:06:58

I have Viz4 and am looking to create chrome. What I have done so far is
exactly what it should look like. But I want to do something different. Can
I place a map in the background, but not have it show in the rendering, just
show up in the reflection of the chrome. Any beter ideas are welcome also

Chrome Help

Post by Martin Rowle » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:53:52

Go here - lots of information of the sort you need.

www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/cg_education.htm

Martin

> I have Viz4 and am looking to create chrome. What I have done so far is
> exactly what it should look like. But I want to do something different. Can
> I place a map in the background, but not have it show in the rendering, just
> show up in the reflection of the chrome. Any beter ideas are welcome also

Chrome Help

Post by Matt » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:38:07

Quote:> I have Viz4 and am looking to create chrome. What I have done so far is
> exactly what it should look like. But I want to do something different.
Can
> I place a map in the background, but not have it show in the rendering,
just
> show up in the reflection of the chrome. Any beter ideas are welcome also

I'm not entirely sure that Viz has this feature, but in Max you can add an
'environmental map' to any material.  This is what you'd use to reflect off
of, but not have the background show in the scene.

    Matt

Chrome Help

Post by Conny Klasso » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:23:49

--8<---snip---
Quote:> I'm not entirely sure that Viz has this feature,

--8<---snip---

That will work fine in Viz.

Only thing that differs the Material editor in max vs viz,
is that the "time" rollout is missing and the parameter are
not animateable in viz.

Conny

1. Chrome Effects--Any Chrome Filters Out There???

Don't know of any filters, but I found a great easy technique for
creating gold text without filters.  Check out Laurie McCanna's
Photoshop Tips; specifically Tip #19, at
http://ww.mccannas.com/pshop2/tip19.htm

Her site has a lot of other good stuff too.

Another trick is to create a black to white gradient rectangle, copy it,
flip the copy, and stack it against the original.  This gives a look of
3D metal.  You can use it to fill text or a graphic.  I have also had
similar luck using black and white with the clouds filter.  These don't
look exactly like real shiny chrome, but may give you what you want.

2. Transparent background?

3. Fast graphics lib. for Borland Pascal?

4. help with Chrome/metallic effects

5. invisble Timagelist problems

6. HELP----Chromed Ball FIlter .......NEEDED BADLY

7. my website

8. Help with chromed images

9. Newbie seeks chrome text help - 3dxmax 3.1

10. Chrome mapping on planar object...Please help!