Help with ClothReyes (really more of an intersection problem)

Help with ClothReyes (really more of an intersection problem)

Post by Jerem » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a model of a woman stolen straight from Poser 3, and a dress object
downloaded from the internet, which was apparently made from a GeoSphere, as
the dress object is called GeoSphere1.  I am trying to make the dress into a
cloth object, but whenever I try it says "GeoSphere1 is Self Intersecting"
"Scene will not be calculated".  How can I see exactly where the self
intersection occurs so I can fix it?  Also, how can I see exactly where the
dress intersects places on the body so I can fix those places as well ?
Thanks,
-Jeremy

P.S. - if you fancy yourself a fashion designer and you've made some cool
clothes in MAX or whatever, send 'em along as long as they're not too big so
I can try 'em in some animations with ClothReyes!  I just got it and I want
to try out my new toy :-)
Thanks.

Help with ClothReyes (really more of an intersection problem)

Post by max.. » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a model of a woman stolen straight from Poser 3, and a dress object
> downloaded from the internet, which was apparently made from a GeoSphere, as
> the dress object is called GeoSphere1.  I am trying to make the dress into a
> cloth object, but whenever I try it says "GeoSphere1 is Self Intersecting"
> "Scene will not be calculated".  How can I see exactly where the self
> intersection occurs so I can fix it?  Also, how can I see exactly where the
> dress intersects places on the body so I can fix those places as well ?
> Thanks,
> -Jeremy

> P.S. - if you fancy yourself a fashion designer and you've made some cool
> clothes in MAX or whatever, send 'em along as long as they're not too big so
> I can try 'em in some animations with ClothReyes!  I just got it and I want
> to try out my new toy :-)
> Thanks.

How to fix the self-intersection part - I have the same problem.
Weld all the vertices, and then normalize the faces.
Sometimes the only way I've found is to cut up the model, and re-apply
clothereyes 'til I get no self-intersection. Some models just don't want
to know...

Once you get clothereyes to accept the mesh, however, you can look in
sub-object mode and see where the intersections are.

Keep me posted on your results - I've been using clothereyes for a while
now - with less than satisfactory results...I'm afraid.

Max Norman

1. really really really stupid question

Hi all.
I know this is a stupid question, but here goes anyways.
How do I create a new layer and new adjustment layer in PhotoImpact 5?
I've already dug through both the manual and ulead's web site and I
could find anything on them.

TIA.
Justin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. make graphic cutout to import into Freehand

3. some problems on the Clothreyes and Character studio...

4. Changing resolution problem...

5. ClothReyes 2.0 Problem

6. 70's Disco Funk (and other kewl stuff)

7. another shadow issue

8. HELP! CUSTOM CLOTH SETTINGS FOR CLOTHREYES

9. Clothreyes help at 3D Design

10. ClothReyes help needed

11. Help w/ Clothreyes...

12. Really..really..new at this