Phase param in Max 2.5

Post by Martin Stephenso » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

If I have say a ripple, or a noise modifier and I want the effect to loop
seemlessly over 100 frames (for easiness) what do I set the start/end phase
parameter to ?  I always seem to get a little jump when looping the avi on
playback.

Thanx in advance.

Phase param in Max 2.5

Post by JOACHIM LJUNGGRE » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

That could be a problem with the way AVIs plays. I often (always?) get
these jumps when I do animation that loops. Or it could be that your
animation begins and ends with the same perspective and object-positions
(two pictures that looks the same), therefor giving the impression of a jump
or holdup. So maybe youre doing it right. I would try to cut the
loop-sequence together in Quicktime Movieplayer or Premiere just to see that
its not your AVI player that screws up, or that it has two equal frames.

Hope this helps...

Joachim Ljunggren

Quote:>If I have say a ripple, or a noise modifier and I want the effect to loop
>seemlessly over 100 frames (for easiness) what do I set the start/end phase
>parameter to ?  I always seem to get a little jump when looping the avi on
>playback.

>Thanx in advance.

Phase param in Max 2.5

Post by Volke » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Thought it helps to cut the last frame, so it won't be duplicate