Cheap 3DS Max?

Post by (Your Name » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I may be able obtain 3DS MAX for cheaper than the
$3500 price tag?  No, I am not implying pirating it.  It's just really
hard to come up with such an outrageous amount of money.  I would get
the student version, but I will be using it for commercial use.  Any
advice would be appreciated.

Cheap 3DS Max?

Post by Brinkman,B » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have seen people advertising it in here for $2500...  Or you can watch
the group for people selling it used.  Search for FS in the subject of
the message, it stands for "For Sale".

Bo

Post by Dale Peas » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Find an Authorized dealer in your area.  No one pays the $3500 that Kinetix
advertises.  I bought mine from a dealer in Cleveland for $2500.  They also
supply support.  That's why I recommend a dealer and not someone online.
--
******
Dale Pease

Post by Martin Foste » Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where I may be able obtain 3DS MAX for cheaper than the
> $3500 price tag?  No, I am not implying pirating it.  It's just really
> hard to come up with such an outrageous amount of money.  I would get
> the student version, but I will be using it for commercial use.  Any
> advice would be appreciated.

Street price is about $2500 and if you buy now you'll get a free upgrade
to MAXr2. There's also another couple of options. There's VIZ (about
$1500) and MAX apprentice ($500???). Not sure of the limitations of MAX
apprentice.

Cheap 3DS Max?

Post by Stefan Did » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi Martin,

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 15:55:43 -0700, Martin Foster

>Street price is about $2500 and if you buy now you'll get a free upgrade
>to MAXr2. There's also another couple of options. There's VIZ (about
>$1500) and MAX apprentice ($500???). Not sure of the limitations of MAX
>apprentice.

I haven't seen MAX Apprentice myself yet but the two main limitations
are that rendered images would be visually watermarked and the files
saved by Apprentice wouldn't be compatible with MAX/VIZ.

Best Regards,
Stefan.

Animagic Development
http://3dsmax.3dreview.com/animagic

Cheap 3DS Max?

Post by Murray MacBeat » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Hi Martin,

> On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 15:55:43 -0700, Martin Foster

> >Street price is about $2500 and if you buy now you'll get a free upgrade
> >to MAXr2. There's also another couple of options. There's VIZ (about
> >$1500) and MAX apprentice ($500???). Not sure of the limitations of MAX
> >apprentice.

> I haven't seen MAX Apprentice myself yet but the two main limitations
> are that rendered images would be visually watermarked and the files
> saved by Apprentice wouldn't be compatible with MAX/VIZ.

One more limitation is that renderings are limited to a max resolution of
640x480.

Murray