Convert Pantone colors to web colors

Post by Steve Corneliu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

This may be considered off topic, but does anyone know of a site where I can
convert an existing Pantone color to a hex color? Our official "corporate"
color is Pantone 201 and I'm trying to convert it for use on a company
Intranet site that I maintain. Does that feature exist in Photoshop 5.5
which we are using?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Convert Pantone colors to web colors

Post by Clyde Davidso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I never had 5.5, so I can't speak to that. I do have 6 though. In it I click
on the picker and then click the "custom" button. I then select the Pantone
type and then the color. Clicking on the "picker" button brings me back to
the process mode of the same color.

Here is what I got:

Pantone 201 has a CMYK of 0/100/65/34. Of course, the RBG and Hex number are
different depending on what type of Pantone you pick.

In Pantone Uncoated the RBG is 150/39/64 with a Hex number of 962740.

In Pantone Coated the RBG is 162/25/57 with a Hex number of A21939.

In Pantone ProSim the RBG is 134/11/37 with a Hex number of 860B25.

You are probably going to have to compare with a standard or just use the
one you like.

Clyde

> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
> Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:02:35 -0600
> Subject: Convert Pantone colors to web colors

> This may be considered off topic, but does anyone know of a site where I can
> convert an existing Pantone color to a hex color? Our official "corporate"
> color is Pantone 201 and I'm trying to convert it for use on a company
> Intranet site that I maintain. Does that feature exist in Photoshop 5.5
> which we are using?

> Thanks in advance.

> Steve

1. Converting CMYK to Pantones Colors?

In Mac Illustrator 6 is there any way to convert a CMYK color to it's
Pantone equivalent (or near its equivalent)?

For example, I want to find the Pantone equivalents of the following two
custom CMYK colors:

C:15  M:45  Y:54  K:80
C:21  M:13  Y:    K:

Is there any program that might translate the CMYK values to their Pantone
equivalents.

Thanks,

-Joel

--
Joel Fugazzotto
Co-Publisher

2. Physics of a ball rolling on a surface...

3. Help! convert pantones to 4 color in PM

4. Nice Article About Ulead Systems

5. Pantone * CV colors = PMS * colors...?

6. Monster By Mistake

7. QMS plotmaster colors & pantone colors

8. Maxcript -- checking what keys are pressed

9. Monitor color, PS color, Web color

10. Converting to 216 color web palette

11. Converting high color to web based 256

12. Converting Color Negative to Color Positive

13. Convert COLOR hpgl to COLOR ps ??