Changing print color

Post by Paul Lig » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am using Photoshop 5.5, an Epson Photo 700 printer, MIS inks and
Somerset Velvet paper. I have a print that is too yellow. I've tried
several settings in Photoshop as well as in the printer to make it less
yellow. Nothing has any effect. What setting do I change to make the print
less yellow?

--
Paul Light

http://www.tiac.net/users/lightwav

Changing print color

Post by Taci » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I am using Photoshop 5.5, an Epson Photo 700 printer, MIS inks and
>Somerset Velvet paper. I have a print that is too yellow. I've tried
>several settings in Photoshop as well as in the printer to make it less
>yellow. Nothing has any effect. What setting do I change to make the print
>less yellow?

There are a number of color-correction tools in Photosop. For correcting an
overall color cast such as this, the best is Image->Adjust->Curves.

If your image is CMYK, it's easy: Go to the Yellow channel in the Curves dialog
and pull out some yellow. If the image is RGB, go to the Blue channel and add
some blue (blue is yellow's complementary color).

Hope that helps!

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Changing print color

Post by Chris C » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The easiest thing to do is create a new profile for your printer/ink/paper
combination.
inkjetmall.com might already have a profile for that combo.

Chris