Can not view jpeg in pagemill

Post by iby » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hellow can someone help me on this
Why cant i view jpegs in adobe pagemill as i work with the webpages?

Iby

Post by Groo » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>Hellow can someone help me on this
>Why cant i view jpegs in adobe pagemill as i work with the webpages?

>Iby

Perhaps you are using progressive jpegs (Same thing as interlaced for gifs).
If you are, then do not do that.  Some browers can not read them as well.

Groovy

Can not view jpeg in pagemill

Post by Scott W. Spa » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

That is correct.  Neither PageMill nor FrontPage will read Progressive
JPEG's.  Though I'd use them anyway.  VERY FEW browsers (far less than
1%) won't read them.

Scott W. Spain

Visit Illustrator Chat!!!
http://www.DigitalPaint.com

1. Win98 canned!!!

In a bizarre turn of events today William Gates III told us that "Further
plans for the development of Windows 98 have been discontinued." This comes
on the heels MacWorld San Fransisco and after in-house testing of Apple
Computer's recent developer builds of their next generation OS codenamed
"Rhapsody".

When asked why he was discontinuing the Windows 98, Mr. Gates replied
"...After taking a good hard look at the excellent multi-platform OS coming
out of Cupertino, I realized that Winodws 98 just wouldn't be able to
compete.  This new Operating System from Apple is incredible!..."

We asked Mr. Gates (who insisted we call him Bill) about what this means
for the users of Windows 95 and he responded "...this means that a new OS
is upon us, one that I believe will, as I have always stated, show that
Apple Computer really is on the forefront of technology. It also means that
Microsoft can go back to it's roots and start developing quality software
for a revolutionary Operating System..."

We were stunned by this and asked Mr. Gates if he thought that the billions
of Windows 95 users would feel that Microsoft has left them "High and Dry"
and his response was "No, I firmly believe that Microsoft should have never
been in the OS business to begin with, it was not our intention.  We built
Microsoft on quality desktop applications such as Word and Excel and that
is what we are going back to. Many corporations viewed the superior
Macintosh as a toy; they didn't understand the elegance of the Mac.  When
they finally understood we saw an opportunity to bring a Macintosh-like
environment to the IBM PC. Windows 95 users will be happy to upgrade to
Apple's 'Rhapsody'.  We are working closely with Apple's engineers to
ensure that the Intel version of Rhapsody will run all of the current
Windows 95 software as well as the Native Rhapsody software."

2. Vfw

3. WANTED: canned edge detection routines/graphics libraries

4. SIGGRAPH Computer Proceedings on WWW?

5. gMax - Cans and Cants

6. Where is "Texture Alpha Image" gone ?

7. Any canned algorithms for displaying graphs?

8. Shading language vs hardware compatibility