pasting a two part picture

Post by pedr » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have the usual A4 scanner. When i scan a A3 page i have two parts.
Which is the best way to join the two parts? copying one part and
making a paste to the other is not very exact. Is there an "automatic"
way to do it?
I  have read some years ago that the manual scanners had a program to
join the parts if they had parts in common...
Well, i think it is a easy question (if you can understand my english)

Thanks in advance

pasting a two part picture

Post by Maria Ana Montal » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I have the usual A4 scanner. When i scan a A3 page i have two parts.
>Which is the best way to join the two parts? copying one part and
>making a paste to the other is not very exact. Is there an "automatic"
>way to do it?

Not automatic, but....

Add the second part in its own layer, then set the layer's mode to
difference.  It'll then be obvious when the layers line up correctly.

Maria

pasting a two part picture

Post by Doug Venato » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>>I have the usual A4 scanner. When i scan a A3 page i have two parts.
>>Which is the best way to join the two parts? copying one part and
>>making a paste to the other is not very exact. Is there an "automatic"
>>way to do it?

>Not automatic, but....

>Add the second part in its own layer, then set the layer's mode to
>difference.  It'll then be obvious when the layers line up correctly.

>Maria

I've done this sort of thing just fooling aroung and found a couple of
hints:

1:    When scanning the 2 halves, align the top edge of each half with the
top edge of the plastic scanner border. If you *each half against the
side borders of the scanner bed and the sides of the original are not
exactly parallel the two scans are _very_ hard to knit together properly.

2:    Whichever half is going to be the 'top' layer in the overlap, make
sure to crop the overlapping edge slightly. Scanners can add little 'edge
effects' to the very edge of a scanned image which are very noticable in the
combined image.

I've done this with large (15" x 10") photos without any feather or blending
techniques and gotten excellent results.

Doug

pasting a two part picture

Post by GB Smi » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>>>I have the usual A4 scanner. When i scan a A3 page i have two parts.
>>>Which is the best way to join the two parts? copying one part and
>>>making a paste to the other is not very exact. Is there an "automatic"
>>>way to do it?

Not sure if I dare post this reply in this NG but Ulead PhotoImpact will do
this perfectly for you. Either manually or automatically (sometimes). Just
how perfect depends on your scanner. Most desktop scanners don't scan
evenly but by locating the image on your scanner in different directions a
good job can be done. If you cut a scanned image in half then join it again
using PhotoImpact it is impossable to see the join.

__________
Gee Bee Ess
___________
Gee Bee Ess

1. Help Pasting Pictures Into A Single Picture

Help! I'm really new to PSP 6 and need some help merging pictures into a
single picture. BTW, I've skimmed the posts here using deja.com and don't
see my exact problem described. Basically, what I'm trying to do is take
four separate pictures from an LP jacket, then merge them into a single
picture to be used as a CD sleeve. Here's the problem I'm running into: I
open a new file which will be my base (and measures 12.25 inches x 12.25
inches). I open one of my four pictures (which measures approximately 8.5
inches x 11 inches), do a Select All (ctrl + A) on that picture, do an
Edit/Copy, select my base image, then Edit/Paste As A New Layer. When I do
that, all I'm getting is a very large image of a portion of the 8.5 x 11
picture which fills up my base image. Why doesn't PSP paste that image into
approximately one fourth of my base image? I have looked every place
imaginable to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can somebody help
this poor newbie?

--
~8^) Pat Wong (ICQ #61070813)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"He's so unhip, the way you say Dylan he thinks you're talking
about Dylan Thomas - whoever he was. The man ain't got no culture.
But it's alright, ma. Everybody must get stoned."
"A Simply Desultory Philippic" by Simon & Garfunkel
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

2. how to plot the interference picture?

3. two pictures into one picture.

4. ANNOUNCE: Emacs pov-mode

5. can't cut&paste vectorial pictures ?

6. Wanted>>Texture Artists

7. Transforming copied selections after pasting into a new picture

8. loacal operators

9. Resize a pasted picture

10. Pasting watermarks in many pictures

11. pasting macintosh pictures in openGL

12. Spacing Before and After a Pasted Picture