Palette mapping

Post by Pat Weave » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

This is probably a simple thing to do but i cant figure it.
I want to use the colour palette from image A and apply it to image
B........

1. UN: PALETTE MAPPING

I want to display two or more PCX files simultaneously on the screen.
The problem is, of course, that they use different palettes.  Can anyone
give me some suggestions on how to tackle this problem.  What I've come
up with so far involves:
   1) for each colour in palette #1, find the closest colour in palette
      #2 (using the Eucledian line length formula)
   2) for each pixel in the PCX file to remap, change the value to match
      to the new palette.

This is too slow for my needs.  What other methods are available?

Ttyl, Caius

|  Matrix Research                                                    |
|  Toronto VR SIG                             PGP Public Key: 7C5CB1  |
---
 t DeLuxey 1.21 #7470 t When in doubt, X=1.

2. Nonlinear Editing Specs?

3. Need a program to create optimal palette and map images to this palette

4. PS CS help needed

5. RGB->Palette Palette->RGB->Palette Batch-converting

6. Animation Utility for Poser 3.0

7. Wanted: Palette (color map) file format

8. PARTICLES GLOW???? HELP

9. Mapping 24-bit graphics to a pixed palette

10. Color mapping to Indeo palette

11. HELP: Creating a perfect palette for Gouraud + Texture mapping

12. Mapping Color palette

13. how to convert a palette to another palette without viewing the gif