I had two Photoshop files which were both derived from the same original
image. I had created a mask (alpha channel) in one that I wanted to use in
the other. Since I couldn't find any "official procedure" for doing this,
here's what I did:
1. View Quick Mask in source file
2. Select All and Copy.
3. Paste new layer into destination file.
4. Since the new layer is just a black and white image, I used Select
Color to create a selection based on the white part
5. Save Selection of mask in destination image
6. Delete pasted layer, leaving just the original destination file with
the new selection.
Is there any easier way to do this???