OT: Computer Arts Magazine - March 2002

Post by Michelle Stump » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:43:45

Hi Group.

I've been trying to find an answer to my questions for hours and cannot seem
to find them, so I am hoping that someone here might know.  I got the March
2002 issue of Computer Arts and I absolutely loved the front cover.  Lucky
for me, there's a tutorial inside.  Being the photoshop junkie that I am, I
have not even looked at painter 7 until now.  I installed the trial version
of painter 7 and before I have even tried to use it, I have two questions:

The text on all of the palettes is extremely hard to read.  Is this how it
is supposed to be?  Or is there something that I am missing??

When I start a new file -- the background is aqua blue -- and not white.
Again, is this how it is supposed to be?  Or is there something that I am
missing??

Any help/info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Michelle

OT: Computer Arts Magazine - March 2002

Post by Andre » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:01:24

Hi Michelle,

You have to crank up your color depth from 16 bit to 32 bit.  Here's how to
do this (via Win2K - the other Windows OS's should be similar):

1. Go to your desktop and right click.

2. Select the "Properties" tab.

3. Select the "Settings" tab.

4. Go to "Colors" and select "True Color" (32 bit).

5. Hit "Apply"

NOTE: your monitor may not be able to display at that high color range if
your resolution is cranked up really high so you may have to lower your
resolution. If the screen blacks out, don't panic. Just wait ten seconds and
your screen will return to your previous config.

That should do the trick. It really depends upon how good your monitor and
video card are.

-A.

Quote:> Hi Group.

> I've been trying to find an answer to my questions for hours and cannot
seem
> to find them, so I am hoping that someone here might know.  I got the
March
> 2002 issue of Computer Arts and I absolutely loved the front cover.  Lucky
> for me, there's a tutorial inside.  Being the photoshop junkie that I am,
> have not even looked at painter 7 until now.  I installed the trial
version
> of painter 7 and before I have even tried to use it, I have two questions:

> The text on all of the palettes is extremely hard to read.  Is this how it
> is supposed to be?  Or is there something that I am missing??

> When I start a new file -- the background is aqua blue -- and not white.
> Again, is this how it is supposed to be?  Or is there something that I am
> missing??

> Any help/info is greatly appreciated!

> Thanks!!
> Michelle

OT: Computer Arts Magazine - March 2002

Post by Michelle Stump » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:17:24

You're awesome!  Didn't realize I was only set to 16 bit.

Thanks so much!

> Hi Michelle,

> You have to crank up your color depth from 16 bit to 32 bit.  Here's how
> do this (via Win2K - the other Windows OS's should be similar):

> 1. Go to your desktop and right click.

> 2. Select the "Properties" tab.

> 3. Select the "Settings" tab.

> 4. Go to "Colors" and select "True Color" (32 bit).

> 5. Hit "Apply"

> NOTE: your monitor may not be able to display at that high color range if
> your resolution is cranked up really high so you may have to lower your
> resolution. If the screen blacks out, don't panic. Just wait ten seconds
and
> your screen will return to your previous config.

> That should do the trick. It really depends upon how good your monitor and
> video card are.

> -A.

> > Hi Group.

> > I've been trying to find an answer to my questions for hours and cannot
> seem
> > to find them, so I am hoping that someone here might know.  I got the
> March
> > 2002 issue of Computer Arts and I absolutely loved the front cover.
Lucky
> > for me, there's a tutorial inside.  Being the photoshop junkie that I
am,
> > have not even looked at painter 7 until now.  I installed the trial
> version
> > of painter 7 and before I have even tried to use it, I have two
questions:

> > The text on all of the palettes is extremely hard to read.  Is this how
it
> > is supposed to be?  Or is there something that I am missing??

> > When I start a new file -- the background is aqua blue -- and not white.
> > Again, is this how it is supposed to be?  Or is there something that I
am
> > missing??

> > Any help/info is greatly appreciated!

> > Thanks!!
> > Michelle

OT: Computer Arts Magazine - March 2002

Post by Andre » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:05:57

Quote:> You're awesome!  Didn't realize I was only set to 16 bit.

> Thanks so much!

Glad I could help.

:)