Suggestions for a digital camera?

Post by Jason Wynne Parson » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Any of you found a digital camera you are happy with that costs under $1000?
I'm getting tired of scanning in photos and messing with film development to
get images on the web and into PS.

Is the view of the subject through the lens?  Preferable.
Does it store lossless or near lossless images at 1024x768?  Necessity.
Does it have USB? Preferable.

Thanks,

Jason

Suggestions for a digital camera?

Post by Dale Wambaug » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I bought a Kodak DC-120 via Kodak's web page at http://www.kodak.com ---
look for the company store button. They have refurbished units for $399 and
offer a number of others.

See my web page at http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/dalewambaugh for several
pages of examples. These are nearly all hand held shots, so factor that in
when you look at the interior shots. The wedding photos were all shot at
1/15 and hand held with me resting on a balcony railing.

Remember to include the cost of memory in your decision making process. I
added a 30mb CF card to mine, which raised the ante $130.

I am having huge fun with the camera. Photoshop and a $50 600 DPI scanner
have given me a good learning curve and the ability to create images that
would have cost untold dollars in my silver photography days. The lack of
chemicals and lab bills is a real joy. Now I just need to get to Paris or
Maui for a good test ;)

Enjoy,

Dale

>Any of you found a digital camera you are happy with that costs under
$1000?
>I'm getting tired of scanning in photos and messing with film development
>get images on the web and into PS.

>Is the view of the subject through the lens?  Preferable.
>Does it store lossless or near lossless images at 1024x768?  Necessity.
>Does it have USB? Preferable.

>Thanks,

>Jason

Suggestions for a digital camera?

Post by Bryan Taylo » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

we have an Olympus D-600L ($899) and the image quality is Superb!  we use
the heck out of it!
It does have one drawback. I Sucks battery life like nothing i've ever seen
before so make sure you get accessory kit with it...

Bryan Taylor
Black Rhino Graphics, Inc.
http://www.blackrhinographics.com

----------

>Any of you found a digital camera you are happy with that costs under $1000?
>I'm getting tired of scanning in photos and messing with film development to
>get images on the web and into PS.

>Is the view of the subject through the lens?  Preferable.
>Does it store lossless or near lossless images at 1024x768?  Necessity.
>Does it have USB? Preferable.

>Thanks,

>Jason

Suggestions for a digital camera?

Post by Fit » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:49:58 -0500, "Jason Wynne Parsons"

>Any of you found a digital camera you are happy with that costs under $1000?
>I'm getting tired of scanning in photos and messing with film development to
>get images on the web and into PS.

On a semi-related note: a good substitute for digital cameras is one
of the many cheap Land cameras (Polaroid) which are now available.
They're more expensive to run than a digital, but you get the benefit
of instantaneous hard copy for scanning, and it gives you time to save
up for a decent digital camera.
Always remember kiddies, never procrastinate tomorrow
when you can procrastinate today
          Fitz

(remove all anti-spam "x" in address to reply by email)

Suggestions for a digital camera?

Post by Lucrezia Herma » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Any of you found a digital camera you are happy with that costs under $1000?
>I'm getting tired of scanning in photos and messing with film development to
>get images on the web and into PS.

>Is the view of the subject through the lens?  Preferable.
>Does it store lossless or near lossless images at 1024x768?  Necessity.
>Does it have USB? Preferable.

The best place to ask for specific info is the rec.photo.digital
newsgroup.  This website is also an excellent source of info, including
reviews and links to manufacturers/suppliers:

                      http://steves-digicams.com/

-Lucrezia

--
luc

 web:    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2690/

1. Best low cost digital camera suggestions?

I'm working with a new client that needs to purchase
5-10 new digital cameras for use with a new Web site
I am developing for them. They need to take photos
of various automobiles and post them to their Web site
fairly frequently (once or twice a week)

The criteria I have is as follows:

1. Easy to use. I need to train novice photographers to take
    the digital pictures, process them on a PC and upload the
    new images to a database. So, a camera that includes
    easy software for new users, and that can output images
    as GIF or JPG is a must. I would rather not get into using
    other ancillary graphics programs if possible, to keep
    licensing costs down.

2. Large storage. The camera needs to store at least 48+
    images (preferably higher resolution) per session.

3. Low cost. Must be under $600 each, if possible.

4. High durability. The camera must be flexible for both
    indoor and outdoor lighting, and be sturdy enough
    to be used by several users that may not be the
    most careful with the cameras.

5. Quality images. Needs no explenation.

So far I've been looking at the Casio QV-xxxx series and
the Kodak DCxxx series and like Casio the best.

If anyone has any suggestions on other good brands to look at,
or input on the Casio's, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

----

      Scott Smith - Internet Consultant / Web Developer

                  http://www.wwwebworld.com

2. CalComp Tablet w/3DS R4

3. Digital Cameras - Suggestions?

4. Storing images in external files

5. Canon Digital Cameras- Compare Latest Canon Digital Camera Prices

6. Just Curious

7. Digital Camera (s) Review – Read review on all Digital Cameras

8. Glow not present in alpha

9. OT Camera Suggestion

10. Camera suggestion

11. Handheld camera effect suggestion

12. Suggestions for combining scanned and digital picture wrt similar grain