2 Filter Questions for the Pro's

Post by josey wal » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

guys and gals.
whats the best to programs and or filters for... 1.) creating effects
like the sun's ray's? 2.) a text editing program or filter to enable
the ability to bend text in a smooth shape in photoshop?
thanks,
josey

Post by J. Costel » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>guys and gals.
>whats the best to programs and or filters for... 1.) creating effects
>like the sun's ray's? 2.) a text editing program or filter to enable
>the ability to bend text in a smooth shape in photoshop?
>thanks,
>josey

As for the first question, I'm not sure what you are after, but the
effect can be done in ps with a little work.

Concerning the second question, the best program to bend text smoothly
is not a plugin, its Illustrator. However that prog has a steep
learning curve and to get the best results you need to really know
what you are doing when you save the file as an eps and then open it
in PS (hint: pay close attention to the dialog boxes when saving in
Illustrator and when opening the eps or ai file in PS). That said, if
you want to do some quick stuff you can look at Phototools (Extensis)

J. Costello

1. filter similar to paintshop pro's hotwax?

Heyas ppls
Anyone know how I can create or find a filter that does the same thing that
the Paintshop Pro hotwax does?

Plastic Wrap is similar, but it doesn't create the same sort of effect, and
I really love the hotwax effect, but can't be stuffed buying PSP just for
that one effect, but I can't live without it!

Any way I can recreate it? :)  Please help!

-Leon-

2. OpenGL++ subcommittee meeting minutes available on www.opengl.org

3. True beginner's questions-Filter and Plugins problems

4. need help!

5. FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS

6. Illustrations Software Needed

7. Quick Question about Adobe's gif89a filter

8. FREE TILEABLE TEXTURES

9. 3D Card Question to the Pro's

10. Glint chipset manufacturers and Pro's: question on chipsets

11. More questions about Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro's OpenGL

12. Alienskin Filters vs Kai's Power Tools Filters