Using the text arc tool with images not just type

Using the text arc tool with images not just type

Post by st.. » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:26:03

My question is: is it possible to use Photoshop 6.0's type distort tools
(ie.arc, etc) to distort another layer at the same time......or can I
somehow just use that tool to "arc" an image layer alone?

I am dying for an immediate answer....can anyone help?

Thanks folks,

Post by Mr. J » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:40:45

>I am dying for an immediate answer....can anyone help?

A couple minutes of testing this yourself should answer your question -
group the layers and try it! =)

--

Jim Hall
ICQ#84327163

My page:
http://hall.j.m.home.att.net

Post by Mr. J » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:23:31

>hope all is well and thanks for the response.

Thank you =)

--

Jim Hall
ICQ#84327163

My page:
http://hall.j.m.home.att.net

1. After drawing text using CD3DFont class, images are not rendering

Hi,
  I'm using DirectX 8 for drawing some images and text.
And I have a problem, that after drawing text using
CD3DFont class (provided by DX8 SDK), the images coming
after do not draw. All images before drawing text draw
fine. I'm sure, that DrawPrimitive is executed for images
coming after text. I think, there should be some setting,
which may not come back after drawing text. What setting
should I set, in order to be sure, that images will draw?

This is my setting for drawing images:

// Samotne renderovani
_Device->BeginScene();
_Device->SetTexture(0, Texture);
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE, true);
_Device->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP,
D3DTOP_BLENDDIFFUSEALPHA);

_Device->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSU,
D3DTADDRESS_CLAMP );
_Device->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSV,
D3DTADDRESS_CLAMP );
_Device->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_MAGFILTER,
D3DTEXF_LINEAR );
_Device->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_MINFILTER,
D3DTEXF_LINEAR );

switch ( Render->BlendMode() )
{
case BLMODE_ZERO:
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_ZERO);
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_ZERO);
case BLMODE_ONE:
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_ONE);
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_ONE);
case BLMODE_SOURCECOLOR:
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND,
D3DBLEND_SRCCOLOR);
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND,
D3DBLEND_INVSRCCOLOR);
case BLMODE_DESTCOLOR:
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND,
D3DBLEND_DESTCOLOR);
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND,
D3DBLEND_INVDESTCOLOR);
default:
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND,
D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA);
_Device->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND,
D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA);

_Device->SetVertexShader(VertexFVF);
_Device->SetStreamSource(0, Buffer, sizeof(v[0]) );

_Device->DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, 0, 2);

_Device->EndScene();

Thank you for help.

2. ? About Saving

3. help! type tool not doing linefeeds

4. Windows meta file format (.wmf): how to convert it

5. PS 5.5 & Text Type Tool and Colors

6. Undo/Redo function in PS CS

7. multiple line text with type tool