install 5.5

Post by Norman Levenste » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I now have the 5.5 upgrade disc. Should I install in a new directory
or in the original 5.0 directory?

Norman Levenstein
Director, O.E.M. Sales and Product Development

Azden Corporation
147 New Hyde Park Road
Franklin Square, NY 11010
516.328.7500 vox
516.328.7506 fax

"Perception IS Reality."

install 5.5

Post by Pest » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

i would certainly assume it would go over the original. that's what i did.

install 5.5

Post by jiff » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I installed it the photoshop5.5 directory then just uninstalled my 5.0
and that seemed to work so I think you can do either.

install 5.5

Post by Pest » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

by uninstalling the old version, it didn't*with the registry entries
for the new one? i'm very surprised. i might yank them both and clean the
registry out and then start all over. i've always had problems with the ICC
engine taking at least 30 seconds to load. something must be wrong.

>I installed it the photoshop5.5 directory then just uninstalled my 5.0
>and that seemed to work so I think you can do either.

install 5.5

Post by jiff » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have noticed a problem with 5.5 and the fonts. I'm not sure
if this is related at all to uninstalling 5.0  The fonts seem to
be inorder but when they reach z there are about 20 straglers
that start again afterwards in alphabetical order. and while using
the up/down arrows to scroll through them i have noticed that
sometimes there will be two fonts mixed together in the preview
usually the font i am on and the font directly after it in the list.
If anyone else has noticed this i would be interested in knowing
whether this is a bug in 5.5 or whether it is related to the uninstall
of 5.0
       Jiffy

install 5.5

Post by jiff » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

by the way the ICC time can be minimized if you are using
a windows machine. go into   windows\system\colour
that holds all the ICC profiles photoshop loads on start up
you should go through and zip any that you know you won't
use (or just put them in a new folder somewhere) this will
decrease the startup time of photoshop.
          Jiffy

1. Installing 5.5

Hi All,
I am considering upgrading to 5.5 but am loathe to undertake a major
upheaval such as re-installing all plugins, etc.  Is it possible, and
advisable, to install 5.5 over 5?  If it is, are there any particular
aspects that I have to keep in mind, or should guard against?
Any responses would be appreciated.
Regards,
Willie.

2. How Do I Do This?

3. Re-installing 5.5, do I need to re-install 5.0 first?

4. How do you convert Mac font to PC fonts?

5. Error on Start Up after 5.5 Install

6. exporting an object

7. Install Prb with Phtoshop 5.5

8. visualize temperatures?

9. Install Problems PS 5.5

10. HELP with install of upgrade to 6 from 5.5

11. PS 5.5 won't install ICC profiles