Problem with Knoll Gamma

Post by Joe Lacho » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Here's a stange bug with Knoll Gamma:

I use two monitors on a PowerMac 7100/66: an apple 13" RGB trinitron
(running off the onboard video), and an apple 20" color trinitron, running
off the PDS display card that came with the computer. I am using Knoll
Gamma version 2.0.

Often when I reboot after a crash, Knoll Gamma confuses the two monitors'
settings, switching them one to the other. The only way around this seems
to be to just reset the settings manually, since I can't find a "prefs"
file for Knoll Gamma, and saving each monitor's individual settings, then
reloading them after the crash doesn't work either.

Does anybody know what causes this annoying, time consuming problem? Is
there a version upgrade I need? Is it my hardware? Am I just crazy?

Problem with Knoll Gamma

Post by ken sto » Sun, 31 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> Here's a stange bug with Knoll Gamma:

> I use two monitors on a PowerMac 7100/66: an apple 13" RGB trinitron
> (running off the onboard video), and an apple 20" color trinitron, running
> off the PDS display card that came with the computer. I am using Knoll
> Gamma version 2.0.

> Often when I reboot after a crash, Knoll Gamma confuses the two monitors'
> settings, switching them one to the other. The only way around this seems
> to be to just reset the settings manually, since I can't find a "prefs"
> file for Knoll Gamma, and saving each monitor's individual settings, then
> reloading them after the crash doesn't work either.

> Does anybody know what causes this annoying, time consuming problem? Is
> there a version upgrade I need? Is it my hardware? Am I just crazy?

There are no "prefs" with the gamma control. I does sound like you have a
bug in the Knoll software. Onething, check your system folder - control
pannels to see if you have 2 gamma control panels ( double clicks gamma)
or use "find" (Knoll Gamma) to locate, if you have two, then that is the
problem. Trash one.

For other advice E-mail

Ken Stone

1. Knoll Gamma Problem with Power Mac

  We recently installed one of the Apple Power Mac Upgrade boards into a
Quadra 700 which is running Sys 7.1.2 and internal video.  Overall it
seems to be running well, except that Knoll Gamma has begun to behave in
a very peculiar way.  The program launches normally, however none of the
controls seem to affect monitor performace whatsoever. We can load
setting files but again no change in monitor output.
  We called Adobe and Apple and were told that most likely it was an
extention conflict.  Nevertheless with all extentions turned off save
Gamma, the problem is still there.
  At this point we would deeply appreciate any suggestions which might be
forthcoming.

  Patrick Murphy
  Biomedical Communications
  University of Michigan

2. problem with FAQ postings... ?

3. Knoll Lens Flare Pro Complete

4. 3d hw accelerators and opengl texturing division method.How is it done.

5. anyone know john knoll's email add?

6. ANNOUNCE: CAD++VRML Newsletter Info

7. Help CyberMesh/Knoll Software

8. scaling / projection / etc question [novice]

9. KNOLL LENS FLARE PRO CONDUCTOR for Alias|Wavefront Maya Composer

10. John Knoll's Displacement Filter?

11. REQ CyberMesh/Knoll Software

12. Monitor Gamma and Picture Gamma

13. Gamma Gamma Hey Hey