converting duotones to indexed col.

Post by Frances Del R » Sat, 25 May 1996 04:00:00

When I convert duotones to indexed colors I do not get the dialog box.

??????

thanks for any responses.

--

--------
     "History, Stephen said, is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Post by Philip Dougla » Tue, 28 May 1996 04:00:00

> When I convert duotones to indexed colors I do not get the dialog box.

> ??????

> thanks for any responses.

> --

> --------
>      "History, Stephen said, is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."
>                                                                -- James Joyce

When you make a duotone (or tri- or quad- tone) Photoshop treats it as a
grayscale file with 256 shades. 256 colors is the exact number of colors
in an indexed file, therefore no option for color reduction. The same
thing happens when you convert a grayscale file to indexed. The only way
you will get the dialog box to reduce the color space is if you first
convert to RBG and then to indexed.

1. converting between col profiles and working space

I use adobe rgb (1998) as my working space.
I converted (image>mode>convert to) many files to a col profile dedicated
for a continuous tone commercial lab printer (agfa d-lab/agfa sensatis
paper).
Unfortunately, I did not do this conversion on a duplicate and  have not
retained the original.
Am I correct in assuming that because the lab's col profile is a smaller
gamut than my working space, there is no point in converting back from their
profile to my working space? And for best image quality I should start again
(scan) with those files in my working space.?
And if I want to use their updated profile I should just convert directly
from their old profile to their new one?
Frank

2. Kanamori Taste Curve

3. Converting RGB or CMYK to DUOTONE or MULTICHANNEL?

4. HELP! need a plug in pretty desperately...

5. Converting indexed color to RGB

6. Digital graphics application

7. Problem converting to indexed color

8. Ellipse transformation (rotate)

9. Converting RGB to Indexed color HELP.

10. how to convert truecolor to indexed color?

11. Converting Indexed Color to RGB

12. converting MSW indexes

13. Converting RGB to Indexed