KPT Demo Plugin Dissappeared

Post by John Jenke » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone explain why the demo plugin version of Kai's Power Tools that
comes on the Photoshop CD dissappears from Photoshop?  Is there a timer or
something?  I've installed it, and after awhile, it goes away.  I end up
reinstalling Photoshop proper in order to recover the demo of KPT.

Is there a way to restore it without reinstalling Photoshop?  I don't use
it often, but once or twice a year, it's nice to play with.

Thanks!

-J.

KPT Demo Plugin Dissappeared

Post by GO » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Can anyone explain why the demo plugin version of Kai's Power Tools that
>comes on the Photoshop CD dissappears from Photoshop?  Is there a timer or
>something?  I've installed it, and after awhile, it goes away.  I end up
>reinstalling Photoshop proper in order to recover the demo of KPT.

>Is there a way to restore it without reinstalling Photoshop?  I don't use
>it often, but once or twice a year, it's nice to play with.

>Thanks!

>-J.

Well, guess what? Quite by accident, I was experimenting with
Photoshop last night and ran into a problem I know did not exist
before. My demo version of KPT v2.0 also did not function as "fully"
as it had in the past. The error I received said something like:
"WHOA! Cannot load file kpt_orig.grd". I recopied the file from the
original CD, but to no avail. The dates on the files were identical. I
played with the registration database, which is usually the culprit
with programs the utilize "expiration-timers", also without any luck.
I then saw your post and was glad to see I wasn't alone. I have,
however, just a few minutes ago,  fixed the problem, without
reinstalling anything, and it couldn't have been easier! Of course, my
solution may not work in your case, but since it fixed my problem so
easily, it's worth a try...

The file in question (for me anyway) was kpt_orig.grd. It's properties
were "read only" and "archive" as indicated by an "RA" when viewed
with file manager. I simply deselected the read-only property, so it
was just "archive." Voila! It is now fully functional.

1. KPT Bryce demo pics out there?

I'm new to this, but I was wondering if there are any demo pictures out
there that are rendered using KPT Bryce? Can someone point me to a FTP site
of WWW page? Thanks

Dennis

2. MSJ Nov 1996 OpenGL article / source

3. REQ: CRACK for KPT 3 DEMO?

4. Crosswinds again

5. PS3.0.5 and finding KPT demos

6. JPEG import

7. KPT Equalizer Plugin

8. Need Javascript solution

9. KPT 3.0 Actions plugin

10. Render and Video option dissappeared!!!

11. KPT Bryce PLugin...

12. Where has Alchemy dissappeared to?

13. RenderGL MAX Plugin - Free Demo