printing: damned center page

Post by daxhasse » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

is it posible to print an image from photoshop3.0
on a page besides the center; i.e. aligning it at the
top or bottom of the page.
(mac/ps3.0/HPdw600)

printing: damned center page

Post by Netpe » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

As far as i know the only way to do it is to add extra canvas to the
left and top so that the full layout area fits the papersize...

Netpet

> is it posible to print an image from photoshop3.0
> on a page besides the center; i.e. aligning it at the
> top or bottom of the page.
> (mac/ps3.0/HPdw600)

printing: damned center page

Post by Wes » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

When I want to do this, I usually open and new document making it the size
of paper I want, 8.5X11 inches, then just drag the original image to the new
document. I do this often when I want to put several photos on a page and
align them, like in a photo book.

Post by J.A. McCulloc » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> is it posible to print an image from photoshop3.0
> on a page besides the center; i.e. aligning it at the
> top or bottom of the page.
> (mac/ps3.0/HPdw600)

There should be settings in your _printer driver_ or under the Options
available to you in the pop-up when you select print. Positioning on the
page is usually a printer function.

While I don't have an HP, all three of my printers allow me to set the
top left position, select centering horizontally, or vertically. Thus to
place an image at the top left, I put the minimum values in for the H &
V start points. If I want it at the top, but centered, I place the
minimum V, and tick H_Cent.

Perhaps the HP manual might give some more information.

Post by Gerard Rhi » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>>is it posible to print an image from photoshop3.0
>>on a page besides the center; i.e. aligning it at the
>>top or bottom of the page.
>>(mac/ps3.0/HPdw600)

Hello,
Photoshop4 Help files says that only centered printing is available.

Best regards

Gerard Rhinn

"300 photos" www.rhinn.com

printing: damned center page

Post by LLutt » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>There should be settings in your _printer driver_ or under the Options
>available to you in the pop-up when you select print. Positioning on the
>page is usually a printer function.

Not on my HP820 or at least I couldn't find it. You had my hopes up.

Lynn Lutton

Post by Stan The M » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>>>is it posible to print an image from photoshop3.0
>>>on a page besides the center; i.e. aligning it at the
>>>top or bottom of the page.
>>>(mac/ps3.0/HPdw600)

>Hello,
>Photoshop4 Help files says that only centered printing is available.

Make your image the same size as the paper you are printing to, making sure
that your background colour is white... Select and reposition your image
wherever you want it to print on the page. Your printer will think for a
minute and then realise that the white background doesn't need to be
processed.

Stan
--
Stan The Man
+++* Under This Macintosh+++

1. Trouble printing pix in center of page

I'm having trouble consistently getting my epson 750 photos to print in the
center of the
page.
Photoshop 5 is supposed to do this, but doesn't, even though right clicking
on the bottom of the screen shows a centered image.
I tried to correct by using the "center" option in the 750 printer
properties array.  this led to adequate centering for a photo that Photoshop
failed to center.  However, the next photo, printed using the same settings,
was off along the length of the paper.
Any advice appreciated.  tia
fred

2. Needed: C or BASIC (ick!) code to do big text on PC screen

3. Can't print in center of page

4. Fit

5. Damn Damn Damn...

6. problem with d3d lighting/textures

7. Damn screens, PM65 won't print them from HP2100M

8. Printing Multi-Pages On A page

9. %%Pages: 1 when printing multiple pages

10. center on page

11. Centering ImageReady slices in web page