Help, Help.Kais Power Tools problem

Post by sound » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello Group,
I have a problem when trying to use my KTP 3 plugins.
I had a disk crash and had to reinstall win95 for the 28th time, some how I
have lost a part of either my Photoshop 4 program or part of my KTP plugin
ini file or something...
I get the following error message
"COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE OF A PROGRAM ERROR"
Otherwise photoshop works ok and so do all my other plugins.
I have had all my CDs stolen in a burglary and don't have my disks to
reinstall, looking at the dir,it appears KTP is still in the plugins
folder,but won't work

Could someone PLEASE HELP me?

Pease post reply here or post to

Anti Spam= remove "a" at the begining of address

George
CMD Sound & Lighting Hire

Help, Help.Kais Power Tools problem

Post by jlipmanso » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I would reinstall both.

My experience has been that if you are a registered owner, most s/w
companies will replace your disks, at no charge or a minimal cost, in a
legitimate situation.

J. Lipmanson

> Hello Group,
> I have a problem when trying to use my KTP 3 plugins.
> I had a disk crash and had to reinstall win95 for the 28th time, some how I
> have lost a part of either my Photoshop 4 program or part of my KTP plugin
> ini file or something...
> I get the following error message
> "COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE OF A PROGRAM ERROR"
> Otherwise photoshop works ok and so do all my other plugins.
> I have had all my CDs stolen in a burglary and don't have my disks to
> reinstall, looking at the dir,it appears KTP is still in the plugins
> folder,but won't work

> Could someone PLEASE HELP me?

> Pease post reply here or post to

> Anti Spam= remove "a" at the begining of address

> George
> CMD Sound & Lighting Hire

Help, Help.Kais Power Tools problem

Post by aardvark » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Delete your Photoshop Preferences file.

--

-aardvarko
aardvarko at geocities.com or washington-dc.crosswinds.net

>Hello Group,
>I have a problem when trying to use my KTP 3 plugins.

1. KAIS Power Tools...PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok...here is a unique problem...I know of no one else that has this
problem but me...here goes..I bought a used copy of KPT from a software
shop..(mistake #1)...when I try to view the pic in the window on all the
filters, all I get is a black screen...I can see of no way to get the
pics into the screen in the filter...I click on the logo in the top left
hand corner but all it does is completely goes black till I click
again...this is drivin me crazy...FYI, I am using KPT with Adobe PS4...I
have a 166 Pentium MMX with 32 megs of ram...is it possible that I have
a demo version?  I have uninstalled and reloaded it three (3) times and
I am about to throw it out the window...Please, someone help me before I
go completely crazy!!!

thanks

Allen

2. Where to find Bryce info?