ImageReady First frame Background

Post by Tinma » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:26:56

I've imported my rendered frames into imageready in order to change format
to .gif.  However, it seems imageready keeps making the first frame as the
background in all the others of my animation.  I am not sure as to if there
is an option to prevent this or if it's a bug.  I've been reading and so far
have not found out any clues.

ImageReady First frame Background

Post by Taci » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:28:56

Quote:>However, it seems imageready keeps making the first frame as the
>background in all the others of my animation.

You need to open the first image, turn its Background layer into a regular
layer by double-clicking on it in the Layers palette, then import the remaining
frames.

In the Animation palette, simply turn off the first frame's visibility in any
frame you don't want it to be seen.

--
Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

ImageReady First frame Background

Post by Tinma » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:58:06

Thanks for the help.  I tried to double click on the first image, but
nothing changes.  No new options, and the animation looks just the same.  I
have a room mate here who said he also had this same problem when working
with frames that had transparencies (mine does too).  I am still at a loss
here.

Im thinking I may have to purchase premiere.

Quote:> >However, it seems imageready keeps making the first frame as the
> >background in all the others of my animation.

> You need to open the first image, turn its Background layer into a regular
> layer by double-clicking on it in the Layers palette, then import the
remaining
> frames.

> In the Animation palette, simply turn off the first frame's visibility in
any
> frame you don't want it to be seen.

> --
> Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
> Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
> http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

ImageReady First frame Background

Post by Taci » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:09:59

Quote:>Thanks for the help.  I tried to double click on the first image, but
>nothing changes.

Did you double-click on the "background" layer in the Layers palette, and
switch off that layer (via the eye next to the layer's name?)

One thing to be aware of is that if you intend to have a transparent animated
GIF whose transparency changes in each frame, you may find yourself running
into a whole host of difficulties; normally, the additional frames after the
first contain only the pixels which have changed. You might be best off
redesigning the animation so that its transparency doesn't change from one
frame to the next.

--
Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

ImageReady First frame Background

Post by Tinma » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:39:14

Ok thanks again guys.  Had someone over today look at it and we finaly
figured out why it was doing this.

Quote:> >Thanks for the help.  I tried to double click on the first image, but
> >nothing changes.

> Did you double-click on the "background" layer in the Layers palette, and
> switch off that layer (via the eye next to the layer's name?)

> One thing to be aware of is that if you intend to have a transparent
animated
> GIF whose transparency changes in each frame, you may find yourself
running
> into a whole host of difficulties; normally, the additional frames after
the
> first contain only the pixels which have changed. You might be best off
> redesigning the animation so that its transparency doesn't change from one
> frame to the next.

> --
> Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
> Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
> http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

ImageReady First frame Background

Post by Kps9 » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:02:02

Ok, why was it doing it?
>Ok thanks again guys.  Had someone over today look at it and we finaly
>figured out why it was doing this.

>> >Thanks for the help.  I tried to double click on the first image, but
>> >nothing changes.

>> Did you double-click on the "background" layer in the Layers palette, and
>> switch off that layer (via the eye next to the layer's name?)

>> One thing to be aware of is that if you intend to have a transparent
>animated
>> GIF whose transparency changes in each frame, you may find yourself
>running
>> into a whole host of difficulties; normally, the additional frames after
>the
>> first contain only the pixels which have changed. You might be best off
>> redesigning the animation so that its transparency doesn't change from one
>> frame to the next.

>> --
>> Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com
>> Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
>> http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

1. Imageready gif frame transparency

What's causing the problem on this gif image:
http://craig3000.com/spinninwheels955/images/dj.gif
Each frame of the gif is overlapping the previous frame.  This didn't
start happening until I made the gif background transparent using
imageready.  If I hit play in imageready to preview the gif, it plays
fine, and doesn't do this.  But when I export or preview in a browser,
it starts doing this.  What am I doing wrong?  I've posted the PSD as
well at:
http://craig3000.com/spinninwheels955/images/dj.psd

TIA

2. 24-bit Sun rasterfiles needed

3. ImageReady import folder as frames

4. Problems with OpenGL Triangulator on SGI 5.2

5. Choosing a background...ImageReady

6. Graphic size/resolution eyc

7. first frame of avi render NG

8. parenting problems

9. "Junk" appears as first frame

10. Gif89a - do any browser display the FIRST frame?

11. How to get the first frame from an AVI file

12. strip first frame off AVI file and put in a PICTUREBOX

13. SkinnedMesh first frame info