Newbie: Brush Strokes

Post by Moses Elia » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to touch up some old paintings in Photoshop, and I find that
the brushes and paints in photoshop do not give me the random effect
that normal painting does and things look too homogenous.

Since I am a newbie at this, is the way to go using Wacom's Intous with
variable sensitivity and Painter Classic software that comes with it?
Also, will I be able to tip my brushes with several paints in Painter
classic just as is done naturally in regular painting?  Also is Wacom's
Intuous worth buying?

Thanks,
Moses

Newbie: Brush Strokes

Post by Ash9 » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

For natural media emulation try Painter or Deep Paint
(www.righthemisphere.com). Photoshop is more a retouching & production
prog, rather than artistic paint prog. You can capture dabs in PS &
work with those, but your best bet is Painter or to a lesser degree
Deep Paint.

ash

Quote:>I am trying to touch up some old paintings in Photoshop, and I find that
>the brushes and paints in photoshop do not give me the random effect
>that normal painting does and things look too homogenous.

>Since I am a newbie at this, is the way to go using Wacom's Intous with
>variable sensitivity and Painter Classic software that comes with it?
>Also, will I be able to tip my brushes with several paints in Painter
>classic just as is done naturally in regular painting?  Also is Wacom's
>Intuous worth buying?

>Thanks,
>Moses

1. brush strokes effects??

   Hi,
I'm looking for a graphics package which will allow me to duplicate the
effect of using a paint brush, felt pen or caligraphy pen etc.  I'm not
interested in having whole areas of colour rendered in a brush effect, just
allow my lines to taper at the beginning and end to give the effect that
they were drawn freehand.

I've seen alot of artwork on the net done this way,  I'm just not sure how
everyone is doing it.  Is there a plugin filter for photoshop? Or do I need
to buy Painter?

Thanks for the help.
(Please email me directly).

2. LightWave Animations and Special Effects to Video

3. Continuous brush strokes ?

4. Print Previews

5. brush strokes

6. changing cursor (DirectDraw)

7. Painting effect with brush strokes?

8. Stroke Path w/ Custom Brush?

9. font like chinese brush strokes ?

10. Calling all experts! Brush Stroke Techniques

11. Brush Strokes Image Editor

12. HELP: REAL looking brush strokes in PS5