which scanner to buy??

Post by lim han pen » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi..
 i going to buy a flatbed scanner that can do 3D scanning... can scan
negative / slides.....

so is that any set that u ppl will recommend me to get??

shld i get one with built-in neg adapter or get a separated adapter??

cheers
han

which scanner to buy??

Post by grasshoppe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You probably won't be happy with the results of scanning negatives or
slides on a flatbed scanner, even with an adapter. They just don't
have enough resolution.

Quote:>hi..
> i going to buy a flatbed scanner that can do 3D scanning... can scan
>negative / slides.....

>so is that any set that u ppl will recommend me to get??

>shld i get one with built-in neg adapter or get a separated adapter??

>cheers
>han

which scanner to buy??

Post by Autoxe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The best flatbed scanner I have used is the Agfa Duoscan HiD.  Great image
quality, as for negative scanning it isn't the greatest for this I use a
Nikon negative scanner.

>hi..
> i going to buy a flatbed scanner that can do 3D scanning... can scan
>negative / slides.....

>so is that any set that u ppl will recommend me to get??

>shld i get one with built-in neg adapter or get a separated adapter??

>cheers
>han

1. Which scanner to buy?????

I would like to buy a flatbed scanner. If I want to digitize pictures
for the WWW, do I need a really high end scanner (e.g., Microtek
ScanMaker III), or would a $500 scanner (e.g., UMAX Vista S-12) be
sufficient? How about $200 scanner, like a Microtek E3?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

2. How do I address "N by N" box of image pixel data?

3. which scanner to buy

4. Vector-based graphics

5. What is a Good Scanner to buy

6. Open *.BMP's and *.GIF's